Using OBC in Cruise Planner

smmountaingal

Has Celebrity changed its practice of providing On Board Credit (OBC) in the cruise planner to use prior to embarkation?

I have $500 OBC issued by Celebrity for an April cruise.  It is not available to me in my cruise planner and I want to book their excursions before they fill up.

I did transfer this to a big box TA after I booked directly with Celebrity but nothing changed as far as the original promotions.  Big box said it is not available to me.

Any ideas?

7 minutes ago, 39august said:

Have you tried opening your excursions? That is where the X OBC should show up.  It will not show on the initial page showing the reservation. 

I actually have 3 excursions sitting in my cart waiting for payment.  The OBC does not show up.

Just now, wrk2cruise said:

Then you need to call.  Yes it's still supposed to show up in Cruise Planner.

Thank you.  I think I will call web assistance.  I did see where the "apply" box is available in my check out cart, but it is zero!

It's not uncommon for Celebrity OBC to drop off a reservation especially if it's not something standard like a booking perk.   I'm sure you will have to go through the TA to get resolved.  Hopefully you have an invoice which shows the OBC.

• Like 1

I had a similar issue.  I booked 2 tours for a May cruise using OBC and got a receipt showing that I had the tours and a small balance of OBC left.  Couple days later I got a bill through email and Celebrity wanted payment for the tours and said that I had no OBC.   It took several phone calls to get the OBC put back on.  Celebrity said that I had changed the booking and that is why I had no OBC.  I booked through Celebrity and had not changed anything--just used some of the OBC for tours.   I got a new confirmation showing the OBC as correct. 

The new confirmation showed a non refundable deposit when it should be refundable.  I have an email saying to ignore the non refundable part and that the deposit is refundable.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/13/2020 at 4:48 PM, deepwater said:

I had a similar issue.  I booked 2 tours for a May cruise using OBC and got a receipt showing that I had the tours and a small balance of OBC left.  Couple days later I got a bill through email and Celebrity wanted payment for the tours and said that I had no OBC.   It took several phone calls to get the OBC put back on.  Celebrity said that I had changed the booking and that is why I had no OBC.  I booked through Celebrity and had not changed anything--just used some of the OBC for tours.   I got a new confirmation showing the OBC as correct. 

The new confirmation showed a non refundable deposit when it should be refundable.  I have an email saying to ignore the non refundable part and that the deposit is refundable.  

I am still working this problem.  I think it might be similar to your situation.  I did call Web support and they looked at my booking and said they don't see any OBC.  So there is a problem.  Unfortunately, I cannot get my horrible big box TA to return a call to me.  I will give them another 2 business days, then I will escalate within the big box company.  Something happened to my record.  That I am convinced.

M