HELP! CANCELLED CRUISE REBOOK

joyce&bob

I was booked on the 12/7/2020 Liberty cruise out of Port Canaveral.  I was offered 2 options..even though that particular cruise was not officially cancelled yet.   .I could cancel and get 100% refund or cancel & book a future cruise & get room credit.  I decided to cancel now & rebook a future cruise with room credit.  

Can someone tell me how to go about booking new cruise?  Can I do it on-line?  or only by phone?

I just cancelled today & so far have only received an email acknowledges they received my request to cancel.  Will I get anything more from them? Would like to rebook as soon as possible.

1 minute ago, joyce&bob said:

I was booked on the 12/7/2020 Liberty cruise out of Port Canaveral.  I was offered 2 options..even though that particular cruise was not officially cancelled yet.   .I could cancel and get 100% refund or cancel & book a future cruise & get room credit.  I decided to cancel now & rebook a future cruise with room credit.  

Can someone tell me how to go about booking new cruise?  Can I do it on-line?  or only by phone?

I just cancelled today & so far have only received an email acknowledges they received my request to cancel.  Will I get anything more from them? Would like to rebook as soon as possible.

I called my PVP. If you don’t have one, call Carnival. 

Your FCC will be tied to your booking number from the canceled cruise. You may need to reference it when you have it applied to a cruise. I'm not sure if you can apply your FCC while booking online or if you'll have to call. I have used mine with at TA even when I didn't book the original cruise with that TA. All I had to do was give him the booking number from the canceled cruise.

Do you have your original booking number?  You'll need it in order for the FCC to transfer to your new reservation.  Do you know which ship and sailing date you wish to now reserve?  You of course have the options of either calling Carnival directly or utilizing a travel agent in order to possibly gain perks or save money.  By using an agent, you lose the opportunity to keep control but at the same time, you can save money or gain perks or both.  The pros and cons of using a TA versus using a Carnival PVP have been debated on these boards.