Edge Drink Package Question

IrishCowboy

We are booked on 12/06/2020 Celebrity Edge.  No beverage package at this time but I am looking at purchasing the "Premium Package" or the "Drinks and More Package"

Is it possible to purchase a package just for myself and not for my wife?   My wife does not drink much, usually just 1 or 2 per day and we would just pay for her drinks as we go.   Does celebrity allow you to purchase a drink package for just one passenger in a room or does every adult in room need to purchase the package like other cruises lines (NCL) require?

Thanks!

14 minutes ago, IrishCowboy said:

We are booked on 12/06/2020 Celebrity Edge.  No beverage package at this time but I am looking at purchasing the "Premium Package" or the "Drinks and More Package"

Is it possible to purchase a package just for myself and not for my wife?   My wife does not drink much, usually just 1 or 2 per day and we would just pay for her drinks as we go.   Does celebrity allow you to purchase a drink package for just one passenger in a room or does every adult in room need to purchase the package like other cruises lines (NCL) require?

Thanks!

Hopefully this may help, I just skimmed over but I think it may answer your question.  

https://www.celebritycruises.com/blog/ultimate-guide-celebrity-cruises-perks

On 10/14/2020 at 10:42 AM, IrishCowboy said:

Thanks!

You would both need to purchase the package.

1 hour ago, neverlaysup said:

You would both need to purchase the package.

This is wrong. If you are purchasing a Beverage Package you do not have to purchase it for both people. 

If if you are choosing it as a perk it must be for both people. The difference is purchasing the package vs selecting the package as a perk. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RICCruisers said:

This is wrong. If you are purchasing a Beverage Package you do not have to purchase it for both people. 

If if you are choosing it as a perk it must be for both people. The difference is purchasing the package vs selecting the package as a perk. 

Good to know, last time I purchased on was quite a long time ago (it's always included when I book now) and was told both parties in the cabin must purchase. Nice to know....thanks.

I will add that not only can one person in the room 'purchase' the drink package without the need for having to do so, you can even choose to purchase different packages from one another.  As others have mentioned, if you were instead choosing this as your cruise booking perk then both have to choose the same perk(s) so in that case cannot get the beverage for one and something different for the other.  It does not sound like you are asking about a perk option.

Also, if you by chance had the classic beverage perk, one person can upgrade later to the premium without the need for others do so as well.  I love this flexibility with Celebrity.

Edited by poffles

I was taking medication for a medical condition. I wasn’t allowed to drink any alcohol.  Unfortunately, I had purchased an alcoholic deluxe drink package prior to being ill. I had a note fom my physician and the medication I was taking.  I bet had I sharedvwith the ships physician my money would have been credited to our account.  I didn’t bother but that is me.  Probably should have.