Extended Balcony - Cat. 8J - What to Expect?

supercanadian

I bit the bullet and booked for the Celebration for 2023 (a long way off, I know!) since I had a $200 OBC offer. We booked almost dead-center of mid-ship in a "bulge" balcony for what looks to be one of the largest balconies for that category. My question is, with the extra space out there, will there be extra chairs or a lounger, or only the standard 2 chairs and a small table?

Celebration and Legend are two very different ships.    An extended balcony on the legend?  are you aware there are multiple different types of extended balcony.  

If you have a regular extended you get two chairs and a table.  

With the celebration- its hard to say as its not ready yet   but more then likely it will have two chairs and a table/

maxresdefault.jpg

Now on the LEgend if you were lucky enough to get one of the three "special" extended balcony   6232    7258  or 8232     you will have a bunch of chairs   but like stated - there is only three balconies on the entire ship like that

5495905bf64c659e422c033390614a86.jpg

I don't know what room you picked on the Celebration but I picked room 17202 on the Mardi Gras for that huge extended balcony. If you look at the picture of the deck plan it seems like the balcony is bigger than the room. I'm only expecting 2 chairs to be there but I might just bring a big blow up lounger to put out there. Of course if I do that and open both the balcony door and the hallway door at the same time the blow up lounger just might end up near the elevators down the hall 🙄

image.thumb.png.904cf588736ed5313760da23dbf4bb9e.png

Edited by racing1a

16 minutes ago, serene56 said:

Now on the LEgend if you were lucky enough to get one of the three "special" extended balcony   6232    7258  or 8232     you will have a bunch of chairs   but like stated - there is only three balconies on the entire ship like that

5495905bf64c659e422c033390614a86.jpg

Actually there are 6 balconies like this. 6234, 7260, and 8234 also have the triple length extended balconies. They are designated handicap access though.

Edited by n6uqqq

9 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

Our room on Legend is an 8K. On level 7.  Says Extended Balcony.  What other type is there?  Thx!

The 8K on Legend is exactly the same as the 8J it is just a deck or two higher( decks 7&8 ) .The aft extended balconies are 8M and 8N category.

Edited by n6uqqq
  • Like 1

On 10/29/2020 at 4:56 PM, ninjacat123 said:

Our room on Legend is an 8K. On level 7.  Says Extended Balcony.  What other type is there?  Thx!

the 8 denotes a balcony    the letter denotes the level.   the higher the letter the higher on the ship  the more you pay.   on this class ship there are regular balconies     extended balconies and bowling alley type balconies     THere are also obstructed balconies 

this is an 8K balcony  maxresdefault.jpg

10 minutes ago, serene56 said:

the 8 denotes a balcony    the letter denotes the level.   the higher the letter the higher on the ship  the more you pay.   on this class ship there are regular balconies     extended balconies and bowling alley type balconies     THere are also obstructed balconies 

this is an 8K balcony  maxresdefault.jpg

Thx for the explanation and pic!!

On 10/29/2020 at 3:06 PM, racing1a said:

I don't know what room you picked on the Celebration but I picked room 17202 on the Mardi Gras for that huge extended balcony. If you look at the picture of the deck plan it seems like the balcony is bigger than the room. I'm only expecting 2 chairs to be there but I might just bring a big blow up lounger to put out there. Of course if I do that and open both the balcony door and the hallway door at the same time the blow up lounger just might end up near the elevators down the hall 🙄

image.thumb.png.904cf588736ed5313760da23dbf4bb9e.png

That cabin should indeed have a nice big balcony!  Did you book the Cloud 9 spa specifically, or did you just want the big balcony and the Cloud 9 thing was a nice bonus?  The price difference between the Cloud 9 fwd balcony vs a "regular" fwd balcony is not insignificant (like $25 per day per person).

Also, I would not suggest an inflatable anything on a balcony - the wind will eventually catch it, and it could end up over your balcony rail.

The big balcony is what really caught my eye. A 7 day cruise with that balcony for $1012.00 per person just seemed like a real good value. Then I saw that it was a Spa room too so I figured that would be a bonus for my wife. It will be interesting to see if a forward facing room is a good thing or bad thing and also if the Serenity deck being right above us will have any impact, like chair's being moved around at some ungodly hour of the night. I have joked with my wife that I may bring a cane with me as we have the bridge directly below us and if I don't like which way the ship is going I can bang it on the floor and yell, "A LITTLE TO THE LEFT CAPTAIN"  😁