Bermuda

tylertanner

We are planning a cruise to Bermuda on Freedom of the Seas for next August out of New Jersey. We’ve got two boys ages 13 and 16. I’m in a manual wheelchair and get around by myself pretty easy. Who has recommendations as to what we should and where we should go? Thank you!

You will dock at Kings Wharf and it’s a short ferry ride to Hamilton and their downtown area. The ferry is very accessible but the big thing is, a lot of Hamilton is not accessible.  Most of the shops have steps to get inside and curb cut outs are not easily found and can be very steep.  There is an accessible mall right at Kings Wharf, but watch for traffic.  Those who rent the scooters there drive like demons. 

• 1 month later...
On 11/1/2020 at 10:08 PM, kitty9 said:

You will dock at Kings Wharf and it’s a short ferry ride to Hamilton and their downtown area. The ferry is very accessible but the big thing is, a lot of Hamilton is not accessible.  Most of the shops have steps to get inside and curb cut outs are not easily found and can be very steep.  There is an accessible mall right at Kings Wharf, but watch for traffic.  Those who rent the scooters there drive like demons. 

I agree.I am disabled and more than once people using scooters have collided with my wheel chair.

• 2 weeks later...

We are the adventurous type and wanted to see things beside shops. The hill behind the town is a nasty one for the small scooters and I'm positive that it would be a challenge for anyone in a wheelchair. Regardless, there is a cathedral and a nice park that you might be able to get to. I would be real hesitant about going up that hill in a wheelchair, would suggest taxi. We enjoyed ourselves, regardless, no desire to go back.

Have a wonderful cruise,

Betty