Shore Excursion Conundrum

blackfly

We are on Sky Princess with a passenger capacity of 3660.  I am sure just about everyone would want to get off the ship at most British Isle Ports.  The logistics to move that many people would be problematic with out the help of local tour companies.

At the moment M.S.C. are only allowing passengers off the ship if they are on one of their excursions and i'm quite sure all other lines,including Princess,will follow this example as it allows them to stay in control.I would book the cruise line excursions as a guarantee and get a refund on all private ones.If the guidelines go back to normal by august(unlikely)you can easily re-book the private ones and get a refund from Princess to use onboard.Here in the U.K. they keep telling us that a vaccine will be released in early 2021 and like you we have concerns about excursions.If it remains the same for all of us like it is on M.S.C. then great,as at the moment they are offering 3 trips for around $100.The only downside of this will be capacity,how many coaches for about 3500 passengers,how many on a coach?25......30?Book the cruise excursions to ensure a seat as i don't think any line will be allowing private trips for at least a year.Local vaccines throughout europe could take months and only then will the industry start to look at relaxing these extra safety rules,perhaps a couple of years just to ensure the vaccine works.

1 hour ago, blackfly said:

We are on Sky Princess with a passenger capacity of 3660.  I am sure just about everyone would want to get off the ship at most British Isle Ports.  The logistics to move that many people would be problematic with out the help of local tour companies.

They are going to limit capacity when cruises first start.

On 11/4/2020 at 9:16 PM, casofilia said:

All the comments about booking Princess excursions.   I presume you still have to pay for them in advance.  If so make sure you will get a refund back to your credit card and not OBC if you cancel.

Not exactly. I'm using OBC to pay for them so if I cancel it will go back as OBC