Adding a stop to flight

Poulsbo Cruisers

Excuse me if this has been discussed before. We haven’t sailed with Celebrity for many years and have never booked flights through their website. Next September we are planning to cruise from Amsterdam to Rome. Our plans are to spend a few days in London prior to the cruise. We have done this type of thing with Princess and there is an option when booking the flight to add a layover. I can’t find that option on the Celebrity site. Am I just missing something or does this option not exist? Thanks. 

I think you'd have to look at booking a multicity ticket. But for London to A'dam,  you really might want to consider taking the train ( provided you aren't loaded down with a lot of luggage) The Eurostar train goes city center to city center in about 4 hours. Flights are slightly shorter, but you have to get to and from the Airports at either end, plus have the hassle of getting to the airport hours early (especially at Heathrow) and dealing with security. And unless you're flying first class,  the Eurostar is many times more comfortable. 

9 hours ago, mom says said:

I think you'd have to look at booking a multicity ticket. But for London to A'dam,  you really might want to consider taking the train ( provided you aren't loaded down with a lot of luggage) The Eurostar train goes city center to city center in about 4 hours. Flights are slightly shorter, but you have to get to and from the Airports at either end, plus have the hassle of getting to the airport hours early (especially at Heathrow) and dealing with security. And unless you're flying first class,  the Eurostar is many times more comfortable. 

Thanks for responding. The cruise is already multi city since it starts and ends in different ports. I’m used to the Princess website that allows one to do another stop in-route as long as it’s at least one day prior. I’m looking for any Celebrity cruiser who may have done this.

We will have too much luggage for the train, but it is a good suggestion. 

14 hours ago, Poulsbo Cruisers said:

Excuse me if this has been discussed before. We haven’t sailed with Celebrity for many years and have never booked flights through their website. Next September we are planning to cruise from Amsterdam to Rome. Our plans are to spend a few days in London prior to the cruise. We have done this type of thing with Princess and there is an option when booking the flight to add a layover. I can’t find that option on the Celebrity site. Am I just missing something or does this option not exist? Thanks. 

Hi there Poulsbo, is the cruise you are talking of the Reflection AMS to Rome on 4Sep2021? I am on that cruise along with quite a few others. Why don't you join our Roll Call over on the Celebrity Roll Call? Would love to discuss your travel plans and maybe one of our other shipmates may be able to help. 

• Like 1

On 11/5/2020 at 11:34 PM, Poulsbo Cruisers said:

We have stopped over in the past.   Our cruise in 2015 started from Singapore and ended in Dubai.  We found flights on Delta/Air France through CDG Paris and a stopover was only about $100 pp.   We had 1.5 days in Paris, made a trip on the train to Versailles, slept well the next morning and were refreshed for another long flight to Singapore.

On other trips, I have not found economic value in a multi flight stopover.  However, we have a safari in Kenya and Tanzania in July/August 2021 and I found that we could stopover in Amsterdam both ways on the trip for $2000+ pp (from our local airport in S. Georgia) .  A ticket without stopovers would cost about $1600.  We are considering the stopover option.