QM2, Power outlets by the bedside

Denverbri69

4 hours ago, Denverbri69 said:

Traveling in a Q7 category cabin. Is there a power outlet by the bed for 'medical' device? Or in reasonable proximity that a extension cord would work?

No idea, but have your booking person contact the Ship/Butler to liaise with Stateroom Services, to ensure all your requirements are met.  There should be no problem, as you are sailing Cunard.

The bedside tables have no outlets, but if you move the bed from the wall, if I remember correctly, the bedside lights are plugged in there, and again from memory they were UK sockets.

It has been a few years since I was on a Cunard ship, but I am sure that would not have changed.

• Like 2

On 11/13/2020 at 4:03 AM, PORT ROYAL said:

No idea, but have your booking person contact the Ship/Butler to liaise with Stateroom Services, to ensure all your requirements are met.  There should be no problem, as you are sailing Cunard.

Because of Covid regulations I have heard that the ship might be prohibiting passengers with a CPAP from boarding. The rule of not asking for permission but asking for forgiveness might apply here.

19 hours ago, Denverbri69 said:

Because of Covid regulations I have heard that the ship might be prohibiting passengers with a CPAP from boarding. The rule of not asking for permission but asking for forgiveness might apply here.

CPAP machines with an added humidifier would be the only risk with regards to covid spread, and a negative test will remove even that danger. As a CPAP user I am interested where you heard this? 

• 1 month later...
On 11/14/2020 at 3:17 PM, Denverbri69 said:

On another thread there was a post of the medical requirements that specifically said that CPAP machines are OK, but those on supplemental oxygen would not be allowed.   

I suspect these requirements will be changing frequently as Covid evolves.  

• Like 1