Are people not booking Carnival?

PhillyFan33579

4 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I wouldn’t be so certain Carnival will have no trouble filling their ships after this virus (this comment applies to all cruise lines, not just Carnival). Fairly or not, the cruise lines have gotten a lot of negative publicity during this pandemic. While people like you and I, and the majority of posters on this site, will return to cruising as soon as possible, I don’t know if the general public will feel the same way. I have heard from countless people (friends, neighbors, co-workers, etc) that know we cruise a lot asking if we will still cruise in the future and say they would never go on another cruise again (or go on a cruise for the first time). Granted we are talking about a small group of people, but I think there are a lot of people out there who will no longer consider going on a cruise in the future. 

Their berths are down by 20%, and I will admit enough bad press to kill a horse.  That said, I continue to be surprised on how high demand and interest is in light of current circumstances.  It would be in everybody’s best interest to be discussing attainment results in 8 months.  

We didn't get an offer, we have hundreds of days on carnival. I was thinking they sent that offer to those less committed to cruising. Itd be nice though. 

As far as booking, we've stopped rescheduling cruises as there is still so much ship movement that could come. We had a october of 2021 trip cancel due to charter, 4 canceled due to the radiance moving, and 6-8 cancelled this year due to covid. I'm not moving or booking anything else until the ships start sailing. Unless of course they release some great itineraries for 2023-2024...

I agree that the Cheers promo is to entice people to book and that it's probably aimed at people that won't get the full benefit out of it. I got the offer and it's pretty much wasted on me. My SO had to stop drinking for medical reasons about three years ago and when I'm with her I don't drink. Our last two cruises our bar tab was almost non-existent. She had nothing and I had maybe a couple of spiked coffees in the morning when she wasn't with me, and a couple of beers in the evening if I attended a show or a movie that she wasn't interested in. I'd transfer it to someone that could use it if that were possible. 

We don't want to rebook right now but our hands are tied as we have to use the FCC from our previous cancelled cruises by December 31st of this year. We're going to book something about a year away in the hopes that things are somewhat back to normal by then. 

Shame on me if this has been posted/asked.

I am looking at booking for April.  If I book and as we approach sailing date it is not cancelled but my group is not comfortable with the protocols or status of COVID-19 what are the options Carnival is offering?  I do not expect to get deposit $ back but can I change without penalty?  Again, shame on me if I didn't dig deep enough into the forums to find this answer.

2 hours ago, cmukid87 said:

Shame on me if this has been posted/asked.

I am looking at booking for April.  If I book and as we approach sailing date it is not cancelled but my group is not comfortable with the protocols or status of COVID-19 what are the options Carnival is offering?  I do not expect to get deposit $ back but can I change without penalty?  Again, shame on me if I didn't dig deep enough into the forums to find this answer.

Carnival doesn't seem to have a written policy such as cwc that rcl has.

Right now rcl cruise with confidence ends nov 30th, where you can move any cruise to another date without penalty.. it would be good if carnival had their policy in writing I agree. I've read some were able to move without penalty on carnival but no one can cite carnivals policy.

Rcl is giving double loyalty pts, so their prices are up a bit. But at least you have it in writing you can move to a later date.

I'm booked april 25th myself. Hoping for vaccine by then