FCC Question

Couple of FCC questions I can’t seem to find the answer to (thanks to everyone who’s answered these all a million times). 

1. If I had a cruise booked for 4 that royal cancelled. Am I able to elect to take the FCC for 2 of the 4 people?

2. If I apply an FCC to a cruise, am I no longer able to change names on that room like I normally would? (I.e: Mary, Jon, Jim and Sally have a cruise booked that royal cancels, all 4 book a new cruise, and apply the FCC, but Jim and Sally can’t go anymore, can we change the names to be others?

3. If an FCC has been issued from a cruise for 4 people, are 2 of those people able to use the FCC to book something separately from the other 2?

Thanks for all your help!

27 minutes ago, ryanbarckley said:

Couple of FCC questions I can’t seem to find the answer to (thanks to everyone who’s answered these all a million times). 

1. If I had a cruise booked for 4 that royal cancelled. Am I able to elect to take the FCC for 2 of the 4 people?

2. If I apply an FCC to a cruise, am I no longer able to change names on that room like I normally would? (I.e: Mary, Jon, Jim and Sally have a cruise booked that royal cancels, all 4 book a new cruise, and apply the FCC, but Jim and Sally can’t go anymore, can we change the names to be others?

3. If an FCC has been issued from a cruise for 4 people, are 2 of those people able to use the FCC to book something separately from the other 2?

Thanks for all your help!

1. No.  each person must choose the same option

2. Your experience may vary but I was able to change the name of a guest who had applied an FCC and the FCC remained

3. Yes

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

1. No.  each person must choose the same option

2. Your experience may vary but I was able to change the name of a guest who had applied an FCC and the FCC remained

3. Yes

Thanks for your help: One more follow up!

If I have a certificate that is for 4 people for $2538, $2538, $794 and $794 and I apply it to a suite room that breaks down to be $6,000 for the first 2 people and only $700 for the third and 4th...am I able to fully apply the certificate for all 4? Or are they only going to accept $700 for the 3rd and 4th and give me a second certificate for $94 each. 

1 hour ago, ryanbarckley said:

If I have a certificate that is for 4 people for $2538, $2538, $794 and $794 and I apply it to a suite room that breaks down to be $6,000 for the first 2 people and only $700 for the third and 4th...am I able to fully apply the certificate for all 4? Or are they only going to accept $700 for the 3rd and 4th and give me a second certificate for $94 each. 

Posts say they have worked with people so the fccs work out. 

2 hours ago, ryanbarckley said:

It depends on how the FCC was issued. If it was from a Global suspension (Royal cancelled) then they will move money around.  If it was from a sailing cancelled under CWC (customer cancelled) they do not (in most cases) move money. 

10 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Question please....An FCC for 2 adults and 2 kids under 12 same cabin...Transfer the two kids FCC to 2 new adults and have the original 2 adults and kids a no show...should this work?

You can call and get the FCC’s for the 12 and unders notated so that they can be used by the adults. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You can call and get the FCC’s for the 12 and unders notated so that they can be used by the adults. 

I may have this situation if my DD & SIL (and kids) can't go and will put my DS & DIL into this cabin instead. Since I've paid for the cruise I was hoping this would work out. 

7 minutes ago, Ashland said:

I may have this situation if my DD & SIL (and kids) can't go and will put my DS & DIL into this cabin instead. Since I've paid for the cruise I was hoping this would work out. 

Did you cancel or the cruise line. You have until December 31 to convert the FCC into a refund if the cruise line cancelled

Edited by Ourusualbeach

16 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Did you cancel or the cruise line. You have until December 31 to convert the FCC into a refund if the cruise line cancelled

RCI cancelled....I don't want to cancel/refund and have already applied their 125% FCC's to our April 2022 cruise.

We're an extended family of 10 and if my DD & SIL (and two kids) can't go ( I want to put my DS & DIL in their place making us a group of now 8  (who weren't/aren't booked originally with us). We have 3 GS's all next to each other on HOTS. Just trying to have this option as it seems like that will be the case.

So sorry this seems confusing.

Edited by Ashland
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ashland said:

RCI cancelled....I don't want to cancel/refund and have already applied their 125% FCC's to our April 2022 cruise.

We're an extended family of 10 and if my DD & SIL (and two kids) can't go ( I want to put my DS & DIL in their place making us a group of now 8  (who weren't/aren't booked originally with us). We have 3 GS's all next to each other on HOTS. Just trying to have this option as it seems like that will be the case.

So sorry this seems confusing.

Don’t forget that in juggling and changing people around at least one person from the original reservation must remain. 

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Don’t forget that in juggling and changing people around at least one person from the original reservation must remain. 

Yes, the two adults on the original booking will be the no shows in this case.

• Like 1