Question on Oceania Club credits

KirkNC

On 11/19/2020 at 1:39 PM, Paulchili said:

Apparently there is no longer such a thing as B2B. They are now Grand or Extended voyages with a single booking #. Hence you should get your credit on day 1.

Not so sure about that Paul - from the newly released cruises  I just booked two adjoining (with an Oceania agent directly) and said that I wanted them as B2B with two booking numbers.  They came back as two booking numbers but with both cruises together on each booking # - with the B2B discount applied.

(These were adjoining two other B2B cruises that we had previously booked but different cabin numbers.)

I wasn't happy as it is possible that we may in 2022  decide to drop off a leg - who know that far into the future, so explained again that I wanted two completely separate cruises each with its own booking #.  It had to go back to Miami to get sorted, but we now have four separate bookings all B2B which is what we wanted.  And all with the B2B discount.

OP - we share some of your cruises with you - great trip!

NAU220523

NAU220610

NAU220630

NAU220707

Looking through the "Amenities and Gifts" sections of each invoice we receive different amounts for each cruise as they are all different lengths.  The credits etc will be applied at the start of each separate voyage.

We actually flip into 'Gold' at the start of the first cruise so carry that all the way through. 

We would have received more Oceania credits with an extended voyage, but prefer the freedom to cancel or change anything.  The best price guarantee may also apply to any separate leg.

cheers, Hilary

18 minutes ago, HilsTas said:

Not so sure about that Paul - from the newly released cruises  I just booked two adjoining (with an Oceania agent directly) and said that I wanted them as B2B with two booking numbers.  They came back as two booking numbers but with both cruises together on each booking # - with the B2B discount applied.

(These were adjoining two other B2B cruises that we had previously booked but different cabin numbers.)

I wasn't happy as it is possible that we may in 2022  decide to drop off a leg - who know that far into the future, so explained again that I wanted two completely separate cruises each with its own booking #.  It had to go back to Miami to get sorted, but we now have four separate bookings all B2B which is what we wanted.  And all with the B2B discount.

NAU220523

NAU220610

NAU220630

NAU220707

Looking through the "Amenities and Gifts" sections of each invoice we receive different amounts for each cruise as they are all different lengths.  The credits etc will be applied at the start of each separate voyage.

We actually flip into 'Gold' at the start of the first cruise so carry that all the way through. 

We would have received more Oceania credits with an extended voyage, but prefer the freedom to cancel or change anything.  The best price guarantee may also apply to any separate leg.

cheers, Hilary

The only problem I see (though it may not be that important to you) is that the "extended journey" price discounts (two cruises of two segments each) would have been significantly more than the 5% combination cruises discounts you were given. And in most cases, even as Platinum, the extra O Club SBC would not be enough to come close to making it even.

But, I understand the flexibility may be more important to you than the savings. 

49 minutes ago, HilsTas said:

NAU220523

NAU220610

NAU220630

NAU220707

cheers, Hilary

Look forward to meeting you onboard.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HilsTas said:

NAU220523

NAU220610

NAU220630

NAU220707

cheers, Hilary

Glad to hear this as I like this option.

By saying "apparently" I was only relaying info I read in this thread. Last time I tried this I was able to book a B2B2B (which is where I should be right now if not for COVID 😀)

4 hours ago, Paulchili said:

Glad to hear this as I like this option.

By saying "apparently" I was only relaying info I read in this thread. Last time I tried this I was able to book a B2B2B (which is where I should be right now if not for COVID 😀)

I had to push the issue with Oceania (obviously not their preferred option, but it was two new bookings).  I was happy with the outcome.  😀

Edited by HilsTas