Celebrity/RCL Full Cruise Credit expiration date

basenji56

Dear valued Travel Partners,

To help make things easier and more flexible for your clients during this challenging time, Royal Caribbean® is extending the expiration date of any issued Future Cruise Credit with a noted expiration date ranging between March 14, 2020 and December 30, 2021! To allow our guests additional time to redeem these FCCs, the new expiration date will be pushed to December 31, 2021. 

Please note there is no need to call-in to request the extension. All applicable FCCs will automatically be adjusted and the associated guest will be adjusted automatically.

Thank you for your continued partnership.

Subject: Important Business Update on Future Cruise Credits
Date: Wed, November 18, 2020 2:00 pm

So let me get this right--there is still no guarantee of sailing until 2021.  And maybe many months into 2021.  But we have to use all of our FCC before the end of 2021 or it expires. And, remember, you can only apply one FCC to one sailing--no stacking.

If I was cynical, I would believe that this was part of a plan.

2 hours ago, basenji56 said:

So let me get this right--there is still no guarantee of sailing until 2021.  And maybe many months into 2021.  But we have to use all of our FCC before the end of 2021 or it expires. And, remember, you can only apply one FCC to one sailing--no stacking.

If I was cynical, I would believe that this was part of a plan.

I believe this is a "Book By Date" as noted in this Cruise with Confidence statement on their website.

"If you have an expired Future Cruise Credit (FCC) on your booking and you choose to take advantage of our Cruise With Confidence program, we’ll extend your FCC’s expiration date to December 31, 2020, instead of October 31, 2020. This is a book by date. You may select any sailing you’d like."

Edited by Ken the cruiser

5 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I believe this is a "Book By Date" as noted in this Cruise with Confidence statement on their website.

"If you have an expired Future Cruise Credit (FCC) on your booking and you choose to take advantage of our Cruise With Confidence program, we’ll extend your FCC’s expiration date to December 31, 2020, instead of October 31, 2020. This is a book by date. You may select any sailing you’d like."

That's good to know.  This was not on the email I was sent.  Of course, Celebrity doesn't have a lot of non-Galapagos cruises currently available past mid-2022.

3 hours ago, basenji56 said:

Dear valued Travel Partners,

To help make things easier and more flexible for your clients during this challenging time, Royal Caribbean® is extending the expiration date of any issued Future Cruise Credit with a noted expiration date ranging between March 14, 2020 and December 30, 2021! To allow our guests additional time to redeem these FCCs, the new expiration date will be pushed to December 31, 2021. 

Please note there is no need to call-in to request the extension. All applicable FCCs will automatically be adjusted and the associated guest will be adjusted automatically.

Thank you for your continued partnership.

Subject: Important Business Update on Future Cruise Credits
Date: Wed, November 18, 2020 2:00 pm

Do I understand this right. They sent you a email and are giving 1 extra day. New expiration date Dec, 31 2021.

5 minutes ago, basenji56 said:

That's good to know.  This was not on the email I was sent.  Of course, Celebrity doesn't have a lot of non-Galapagos cruises currently available past mid-2022.

What was not listed though, which hopefully was not an oversight and actually eliminated, was the part where the sail by date had to be before May 1, 2022.

3 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

What was not listed though, which hopefully was not an oversight and actually eliminated, was the part where the sail by date had to be before May 1, 2022.

That is a big question mark.  Many of us have multiple FCCs and only so many times of year that we can cruise.  And because you can only use one per FCC per cruise, this makes it very difficult.

Future Cruise Credits are valid through 2021, but do they have to be used on a sailing in 2021?

No. An FCC received from a sailing canceled by Celebrity Cruises due to our suspension of operations may be used only for Celebrity Cruises bookings made by December 31, 2021, for a sailing that commences on or before May 4, 2022.

1 hour ago, basenji56 said:

Future Cruise Credits are valid through 2021, but do they have to be used on a sailing in 2021?

No. An FCC received from a sailing canceled by Celebrity Cruises due to our suspension of operations may be used only for Celebrity Cruises bookings made by December 31, 2021, for a sailing that commences on or before May 4, 2022.

Oh well, I guess it was just wishful thinking on my part.

Edited by Ken the cruiser

38 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Oh well, I guess it was just wishful thinking on my part.

Hopefully they will extend it later.  I am looking at losing $1700 in FCC because I can't fit another cruise into the current deadlines.

3 hours ago, basenji56 said:

I was talking to my TA the other day. She told me to make any changes I want before Nov 17, 2020. So I moved one booking, then rebooked that cruise. LOL My new booking leaves 3 May 2022. I have one FCC and 3 cruises booked before May 4, 2022. So I need 2 of my 3 cruises to pan out. I'm now on the fence if my June 2021 cruise will happen. It was my understanding that Celebrity will reissue a new FCC with the left over FCC dollars.

4 hours ago, basenji56 said:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-with-confidence?fbclid=IwAR0QZ44DXrfveTXnf2jbb2G3tZILqPizkIy1DPtSpz6JvzHXiqJaMvzymAk

Flexible Cancelations

You have up to 48 hours before you sail to cancel and receive 100% Future Cruise Credit to use toward any sailing through May 4, 2022.

I'll take what is a dictionary for $1000 Alex.

Of course I don't expect a whole lot from their IT dept. 

• 3 weeks later...