Paradise to sail again in 2021?

CRUISERMOMX3

For anyone who follows the cruise vlogs on Youtube, La Lido Loco named the ships scheduled to sail in 2021 and the Paradise was not one of them. Anyone else hear this? I purposely rescheduled my cancelled cruise for December next year in hopes all this mess will be well behind us.

Paradise needs a dry dock to renew it's certifications, all ships go through this.

However, it is now obvious to even the greatest optimist that cruising is not going to happen until late spring, so I personally fear that Paradise may, just may end up on the sale or scrap list too.

3 hours ago, quattrohead said:

Paradise needs a dry dock to renew it's certifications, all ships go through this.

However, it is now obvious to even the greatest optimist that cruising is not going to happen until late spring, so I personally fear that Paradise may, just may end up on the sale or scrap list too.

Not that I am much of a prognosticator, but since Paradise was just retrofit with a 14 deck and has the rear balcony cabins, I would be surprised if she was scrapped (unless Carnival just decided to end the fantasy class altogether)

2 minutes ago, canes20 said:

Stay on the monsters you like and let the others enjoy the Fantasy class.

Who says I don’t enjoy cruising on the Fantasy class ships? Just because I think they should be scrapped and disposed of, it doesn’t mean I don’t have really fond memories from my past cruises on them. 

I like to think progressively and recognize what might be a necessary business decision that can only improve the brand going forward. 

Hopefully she will return. I believe two FL ports (Jacksonville and Tampa) have both height and draft limits that will only allow the two smaller class ships into port. I understand those two ports are relatively successful. Paradise has been well maintained for each of the last six cruises we have taken on her.