I get more depressed as I look at old pictures of my Carnival cruises...

john91498

We all miss cruising but you have to look on the bright side... We have a cure and it's being distributed throughout the population right now..

Get excited for your next cruise just don't book before fall of 2021 after that hopefully it will be cruising time.

1 hour ago, jperry2011 said:

We have a cure and it's being distributed throughout the population right now..

Vaccines are not cures.

Vaccines are products that protect people against many diseases that can be very dangerous and even deadly. Different than most medicines that treat or cure diseases, vaccines prevent you from getting sick with the disease in the first place."

https://immunizebc.ca/what-are-vaccines

5 hours ago, jperry2011 said:

We all miss cruising but you have to look on the bright side... We have a cure and it's being distributed throughout the population right now..

Get excited for your next cruise just don't book before fall of 2021 after that hopefully it will be cruising time.

No, we do not have a cure - we are just starting a program of vaccine-based immunization (which, unfortunately, a substantial number of anti-vaxxers will resist - limiting and at least delaying its effectiveness).

We do have treatment - which is often successful - but which is incredibly expensive (weeks, sometimes months, of hospitalization) - and which is clogging icu’s in many areas, putting the general population at risk of delayed treatment.

We are also running up huge debts - for treatment, for supporting those whose livelihoods have been damaged - and the payment of which has not even begun to be considered.  There is a massive tax bill coming - and it can be reasonably be expected to diminish the disposable income many of us think of using for cruise fares.

The three hundred thousand plus deaths (even if they were largely “just old people” ) is only the tip of the iceberg.  We are passing through a watershed in our history - and the COVID minimizers/deniers have a cold shock awaiting them.

When I look back at pics from my early cruises in 2003, what strikes me is that I was (obviously) younger and in better shape then.  18 years later, surgeries and body parts replacement along with cardiac and other aging issues makes me feel like that was another person I'm looking at.

I can deal with the lack of travel this year - we've had Norwegian and Chilean fjords cruises along with an Iceland land tour and an Egyptian land Nile River cruise negated by COVID, but they can get rescheduled.

What I can't do is return to my previous, younger state.