Virgin cancels cruises past April; no Europe cruises

kwokpot

• kwokpot changed the title to Virgin cancels cruises past April; no Europe cruises
On 12/9/2020 at 7:03 PM, garymfreedman said:

Glad I rebooked my October 2020 cruise to June 2021.. I figured that far out should be safe-If it was so  bad to cancel June 2021, then we were all doomed anyway. (My original cruise was April 2020)...

I'm also booked for June 2021, and just received an email saying my cruise has been chartered... I've been cancelled on 4 different times by them now, and I'm "this close" to just throwing in the towel...

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

How likely do you think cruising will actually start on May 9 given the slow vaccination rollout?  Final payment is due in about a week.  Do you think they will take money knowing they need to cancel/refund or will they cancel before taking people’s money?

May is probably a 25% chance at best.  There's no reason why they shouldn't have extended the 60 day final payment window offered last year.  Anyone making final payment 120 days out is going to be at higher risk of being cancelled until there's more certainty over the reopening schedule.

I finally took the refund last week as I don't see fitting a Virgin Voyages cruise into my schedule in the next 2 years.

I would love if they cancelled this sailing now than later.  I'd prefer to get my deposit back instead of keeping it as a future cruise credit.  I really do not want to make a full payment now, have them cancel and then wait for my refund.