Cruise Director, Danny Turner

tango9

Hello, all!  Has anyone ever sailed with cruise director, Danny Turner? He is listed as cruise director for my sailing on the Journey in December, 2021.  I don't seem to remember him on any other or my  Azamara cruises.   It will be odd to not have Eric with Johannes as captain.  Thanks

6 minutes ago, tango9 said:

Hello, all!  Has anyone ever sailed with cruise director, Danny Turner? He is listed as cruise director for my sailing on the Journey in December, 2021.  I don't seem to remember him on any other or my  Azamara cruises.   It will be odd to not have Eric with Johannes as captain.  Thanks

Yes, I've sailed with Danny for a few cruises. An English guy. I was very impressed with him. A good voice and very warm and friendly. 

Phil 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

If Emily Love comes back as assistant cruise director with him, she is great too and so unassuming. They do a really good duet. 

Phil 

I agree I love Emily’s style. Unassuming and probably technically the most talented of all the entertainment team. I like the fact she just lets us judge that!

We were with Danny when he had been brought onboard and given a brief induction by one of the assistants and had to go live there and then. 
It was clear he had talent but at that point had not quite read the Azamara style. It was good to see the change after a period of mentoring once Eric came onboard. 
I know many did not like him then, but I’d say try him now. It’s not the same as then. 

• Like 2