4th time's the charm?

CruisinCadie

Our TA called Thursday to say our planned April cruise on the American Queen has been cancelled.  This was the third cancellation (June, 2020, September 2020, April 2021).  They've given us a deal on the Sept. 5 cruise; even though it's peak season, we just have to pay the April rate.

Wishing everyone a joyous, healthy holiday season.

Kathy D.

We are due on a voyage in April 2021 that was moved from September 2020. We have not heard from our agent but as they have proved to be worse than useless regarding our cancelled ocean cruises I’m not surprised. 
Folks may remember the lies they told us about moving our previous cruise so I’m not looking forward to this next change. Our voyage is fully paid for. I dread trying to get the refund. On our ocean cruises the agency took four months from when they received the refund from the cruise line to pay it over. So I probably wouldn’t see a refund in 2021!

So I’m interested to know we picked up a benefit when we moved from August to April will we get a benefit again if we move to 2022? 

uktog, I remember what you went through with your TA.  We have always booked AQSC directly - I don't know why as we use a travel agent for our ocean cruises.  There will not be any more ocean cruises for us despite enough credit with Princess for a nice trip.  We are older with health conditions and I do not think it would be a wise thing to do.

I have read the new health measures to be taken on AQSC and I am not crazy about some of them, such as having to wear a mask in the theatre, etc.  And, what happens if you are getting back on the boat and your temperature is elevated (not unusual in the summer if you have been walking around)?  Will they abandon you in Paducah (not that it is a bad place) or wherever? What I did not see and I think extremely important:  no requirement for proof of vaccination. That will be a deal breaker for us.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, uktog said:

Pardon?

Do I really need to provide further explanation?  Anyone can fall victim to a scheme to take advantage of you because you were too trusting.  But the second time it's your fault because you knew the kind of person or organization that took advantage of you.  Doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting a different result is crazy.  It's like Groundhog Day. 

Let me know if I need to explain Groundhog Day. 

1 hour ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Do I really need to provide further explanation?  Anyone can fall victim to a scheme to take advantage of you because you were too trusting.  But the second time it's your fault because you knew the kind of person or organization that took advantage of you.  Doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting a different result is crazy.  It's like Groundhog Day. 

Wow.

8 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

No need thank you very much for the offer.  

I do not believe the second cancellation I am experiencing is my fault.  I can think of a lot of other people I could blame before that.  I look forward to figuring out when i move my trip to for a third time lucky.

7 minutes ago, uktog said:

No need thank you very much for the offer.  

I do not believe the second cancellation I am experiencing is my fault.  I can think of a lot of other people I could blame before that.  I look forward to figuring out when i move my trip to for a third time lucky.

After the second cancellation many of us would opt for the refund.  The decision to rebook was yours, I hope it eventually works out for you.   I'd consider rebooking after they resume sailing.  It's just not worth the risk to me.

Good Luck

9 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

After the second cancellation many of us would opt for the refund.  The decision to rebook was yours, I hope it eventually works out for you.   I'd consider rebooking after they resume sailing.  It's just not worth the risk to me.

Good Luck

There is an incentive to rebook, my payment is fully covered by insurance (including the failure of the provider) and moving to 2022 seems fine to me