Can I walk from one Pan Am pier to the other?

LisaDee

I’m considering a back to back out of San Juan, one on a RCL ship, the other on Norwegian.  Can I walk between the piers on changeover day with my luggage?  I don’t have any mobility issues, it’s more a question whether there’s a safe walkway during a busy day with 2 ships in port and lots of traffic.

• 2 weeks later...

Very long walk from International Piers in OSJ to Pan Am pier.  Especially with luggage and crossing over the causeways.  Best with Uber or taxi.  But as for PanAm Pier itself, I thought there was only 1 terminal there for cruise ships.  So if both RCCL and NCL are only ships in and docked there its just getting to the other side of the terminal.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

Very long walk from International Piers in OSJ to Pan Am pier.  Especially with luggage and crossing over the causeways.  Best with Uber or taxi.  But as for PanAm Pier itself, I thought there was only 1 terminal there for cruise ships.  So if both RCCL and NCL are only ships in and docked there its just getting to the other side of the terminal.  

PanAm has two separate terminal  buildings located very close to each other. You can see them in this aerial photo.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Pan-American+Pier/@18.4584228,-66.0981639,224m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x8c036ed9e5c017af:0xf702650361319647!8m2!3d18.4584177!4d-66.0978715?hl=en

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If nothing changes, both RCL and Norwegian dock at the Pan American Pier so you should be able to get off from one ship and walk right on to the other terminal with no problem. It will be an outdoor walk since they don't connect but they are literally side by side.