Ideas for Fantasy 2.0 Class

Maddox121

8 minutes ago, Tapi said:

I hope that age isn't a disqualifier to be a cruise enthusiast and dreamer. I became one before I turned 10 years old. I had my own "made up" cruise line and I'd build cruise ships out of Legos. I would even create pamphlets and brochures for my cruise line by hand, LOL. 

Agree.

For all we know, OP could be the next industry leader. 

• Like 1

I do think that Carnival will scale back the size of ships a little bit. Even Royal is building more 160-170k ton ships while building Oasis and the next class of ships will be 200k.  I think they will build to the max that the ports can support and stay there.  Not every port can receive those mega ships and tendering is not practical.  

Off the top of my head Carnival has been an innovator with 3 things.  One, the first cruise ship to break 100 K tons with the Destiny.   Two, the man powered sky bike on the Vista Class ships and three, the roller coaster on the Excellence Class ships.  Not really much to hang your hat on.

While Carnival was stuck tweaking the Destiny with the Conquest Class through the Vista Class and topping out at 135K tons,  RCI passed them 10+ years ago with ships that were substantially larger, more innovative and offered "Broadway Light" entertainment.

The biggest mistake that the beards at Carnival ever made was squashing the Pinnacle Project.  Now is the time to look forward and try to be innovative, not look backwards and tweak the past.

5 minutes ago, Maddox121 said:

The Pinnacle was squashed because it costed too much, not because Carnival is "lame"

It wasn't even the cost per se, it was the exchange rate between the dollar and the Euro that killed the project. Had the dollar stayed cheaper relative to the Euro it likely would have been built. Joe Farcus talked about this in an interview with Bright Sun Films.