How to delete my user account

4 hours ago, RealNorwegianCruiser said:

How can I delete my user account?

@RealNorwegianCruiser Howdy!  emo22.gif

Yes, just stop posting and be sure to adjust your email and notification settings for threads and topics you follow. Note the following from How To: Change Email Settings/Unsubscribe: Notification Settings:

If you want to unsubscribe/change/update notification settings for a specific topic(s) or gallery item(s)  you already follow

• Click on your member name at the top right - click Manage Followed Content or you can follow this link:  Manage Followed Content
  • To the right of each topic you can select change preference and make your choice OR you can completely unfollow the topic.  
  • You can also check the boxes next to each topic to make changes to multiple topic notification preferences at once
  • If you use our Gallery Feature, make sure to look at the left of the page when you are viewing your managed content.  There is a menu there to select the tabs for albums and images to choose how you receive notifications for items you follow there.

Also, from the Removal of Topics/Posts section in the Guidelines we all agreed to follow when registering for our free Cruise Critic membership:

Question:  I no longer wish to be a member; why won't you remove all my posts!?   Answer: When you became a member you granted Cruise Critic the right to use what you post. Your posts are not stand-alone; they are part of a conversation or discussion and removing them would not be fair to other members. By registering and posting on our site, you have made a conscious decision to participate. We do not offer removal of posts from our forums.

Now if you just want to change your existing user account name, see the following: How to: Change your Cruise Critic Email Address or User Name 

When emailing help@cruisecritic.com from your Cruise Critic email address of record, you will need to include a list of at least five possible new user names. They will go down your list and change your user name to the first available. If all the names on your list are already taken, they will send you an e-mail asking for another list of possible names. And so it goes until an available new user name is found for you. Remember, with over a million and a half members it may be hard to find a new user name that is not already in use. emo34.gif

After your user name is changed, all your previous posts will have your new user name and you will have not lost your post count. However, any previous quotes of your posts now in other member's posts will appear with your old user name.  

Hope this will be helpful! 

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

22 minutes ago, RealNorwegianCruiser said:

So I really need to turn into an ass to get banned, right? I want my account deleted, not changed. 

If you get banned you won't be able to post from your account. The posts that got you banned may be deleted. However very unlikely your account will be deleted.

Edited by Charles4515

@RealNorwegianCruiser Howdy again!  emo22.gif

If you have any questions, comments or feedback concerning board moderation, please send your email to the Community Manager LauraS per the following from the Guidelines:

"... Discussion of the management of this community is not allowed on the forums..." 

"... However, we would be happy to address any concerns you have via email.   Please write to the Community Manager at:  community@cruisecritic.com..."

"... The Community Manager has overall control of everything that happens within the Community. The Community Manager oversees how the board is styled, what forums to create and how to organize them, is responsible for our Rules of Participation, what information to require from members and who to appoint as Community Hosts. You may contact the Community Manager at: community@cruisecritic.com..."

"... If you have any questions or comments regarding our posting guidelines or any content found on our message boards please be sure and let me know. I'll be happy to discuss them with you.

LauraS
Senior Manager, Community
community@cruisecritic.com..."

Please send your email from your Cruise Critic email address of record and include your Cruise Critic user name.

I sincerely hope this additional information will be helpfulemo34.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

• 5 months later...
On 1/20/2021 at 3:22 PM, RealNorwegianCruiser said:

How can I delete my user account?

Why am I not surprised that it takes an act of God to get your account deleted.  Should be a really simple process and the whole "just quit posting" is lame.  How about I just do not want my e-mail address and name associated with this site anymore, so therefore I should be able to remove it without complications.  

3 hours ago, LennyKeyWest said:

Why am I not surprised that it takes an act of God to get your account deleted.  Should be a really simple process and the whole "just quit posting" is lame.  How about I just do not want my e-mail address and name associated with this site anymore, so therefore I should be able to remove it without complications.  

How is your name associated?  LennyKeyWest must be a handle, not your real  name. Your email is not public on Cruise Critic. I don't see what the problem is.  

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1