Here's what is being said in Cozumel about cruises returning

nascarcruiser

1 hour ago, mitsugirly said:

Looking at the website that c-leg provided, it reads as if you can't travel for non-essential travel stating "The restrictions are in place until at least March 21, 2021".  Is this not the case (sense you are there now). Just wondering. It's really hard to follow that website as to what is up to date information. 

Hi Mitsu , I am not sure when you plan to visit but I would certainly keep checking the government website for up to date information rather than relying on what is current this week, or last. The US citizens that were already there when the testing to return was announced were caught unawares.  

We are more than ready for a land vacation there but between airlines and medical facilities the time is not right for us yet. 

Hope you have a good time. Where do you plan to stay? Just remember it will not be like when the cruise ships are there. Many people have welcomed the changes but you might find there are not as many opportunities as you are used to.

Edited by c-leg5

6 hours ago, mitsugirly said:

Thanks for the info. It just concerned me when I read that non-essential travel was forbidden and it stated you must prove that you are coming in to Mexico for essential travel. I freaked out there for a minute. 

Have you done anything interesting while you were there? Any suggestions? We've been there a lot of times and done a lot of beaches, but hoping to find new things. 😄 

I have also been here a million x.  We did night snorkeling with dressel divers, and a day trip with mystic snorkeling.  I highly recommend mystic.  Small group (3) $65 a head, you go to  Cielo, Columbia, and palancar reef. Very informal and fun. We have been walking from our hotel Fiesta Americana down past to the right of money bar and shore snorkeling at dzul ha reef and then we go with current and drift back to hotel. We keep seeing this eagle ray and we also spotted an eel during these drifts.  We are going to Punta Sur today.  

20210228_173041A.jpg

20210228_174802A.jpg

Edited by jean87510

12 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

Hi Mitsu , I am not sure when you plan to visit but I would certainly keep checking the government website for up to date information rather than relying on what is current this week, or last. The US citizens that were already there when the testing to return was announced were caught unawares.  

We are more than ready for a land vacation there but between airlines and medical facilities the time is not right for us yet. 

Hope you have a good time. Where do you plan to stay? Just remember it will not be like when the cruise ships are there. Many people have welcomed the changes but you might find there are not as many opportunities as you are used to.

We plan on going down for Spring Break the beginning of April. We have booked an airbnb for our stay. Yea, we are aware of it being "slower" than when the ships were cruising and things not as open or active. We took a land vacation to St Thomas and it was strange with things not being open. But, on the bright side...we absolutely loved it because there wasn't a big crowd (and that includes the airport and everything). It's the best time to go in my book. 

6 hours ago, jean87510 said:

I have also been here a million x.  We did night snorkeling with dressel divers, and a day trip with mystic snorkeling.  I highly recommend mystic.  Small group (3) $65 a head, you go to  Cielo, Columbia, and palancar reef. Very informal and fun. We have been walking from our hotel Fiesta Americana down past to the right of money bar and shore snorkeling at dzul ha reef and then we go with current and drift back to hotel. We keep seeing this eagle ray and we also spotted an eel during these drifts.  We are going to Punta Sur today.  

We have done the tour to Cielo, Columbia and Palancar and loved it (but with another organization). I will check them out and see if maybe they do scuba. 

Punta Sur is beautiful and we plan on going back. Have a great day there!

fyi it is a thousand times nicer without all the cruise ships.  The reef is growing back quicker, roads aren't crowded, beaches are less crowded.  Its as it was 20 yrs ago when we came on a land trip.  Everything is open. We drove by all the cruise ship beach hangouts like nachi and mr. Sanchos...all open.  People also visit from playa del carmen ferry for day trips.  

The airline rules have been in effect for a month.  But do keep checking the cdc travel website periodically and believe it or not the forum section of TripAdvisor.  That's where I got a lot of info and links.  Our tests were yesterday.  As expected, I tested negative since I had vaccine both doses.  My husband was negative also.  We had a wonderful time and plan on returning in June.