Picking a Cove Balcony on the Mardi Gras?

Froufie

Starting to plan a B2B next winter 2022 and looking for a cove balcony in a quiet area as my husband is a very light sleeper and noise can be a problem.

All the coves are located on Deck 5 and Deck 6 is a public deck with lots of venues/bars/restaurants etc, so I am using the drag deck feature on cruisedeckplans.com for the Mardi Gras, to see what might be over our heads! LOL  The problem is the decks don't really align well so I am getting a bit frustrated.

If I line up deck 5 and 6 with back elevators, I may be under the dining room which is okay, but if I line it up using the front elevators, I get a different location?  LIke under a bar (which might be noisy in the late evening?).....same for another cabin I am looking at - if I line up top elevators - looks to be under Java Blue Cafe (which I think might be okay?) - if I use the mid elevators the cabin ends up over the Brass Magnolia bar with live jazz music - no thanks! LOL.  What's a girl to do?  

I don't really want to wait until reviews come in from people who have sailed as that might be a few months away?

Any ideas or suggestions? 🙂

• Like 1

Where are you looking at deck plans? The carnival website has them pretty well lined up. We booked 5351 pretty much under the fun shops closet or whatever that blank spot is. Hopefully that works out. 

D86BA3BC-B547-4BEA-9573-D1FC4778DD6C.jpeg

Edited by MeganGC1983

We are booked in cabins 5385 and5389 which were recommended by our PVP for their quiet location. It looks on the above plan that they are located below the restrooms adjacent to the Fortune Teller bar. Guess we'll find out how quiet they are IF we get to cruise on May 29. We like the cove balcony from the other ships we've been on and have never had a noise problem. I hope the diagram above helps you to make your choice.

5 hours ago, Froufie said:

Starting to plan a B2B next winter 2022 and looking for a cove balcony in a quiet area as my husband is a very light sleeper and noise can be a problem.

All the coves are located on Deck 5 and Deck 6 is a public deck with lots of venues/bars/restaurants etc, so I am using the drag deck feature on cruisedeckplans.com for the Mardi Gras, to see what might be over our heads! LOL  The problem is the decks don't really align well so I am getting a bit frustrated.

If I line up deck 5 and 6 with back elevators, I may be under the dining room which is okay, but if I line it up using the front elevators, I get a different location?  LIke under a bar (which might be noisy in the late evening?).....same for another cabin I am looking at - if I line up top elevators - looks to be under Java Blue Cafe (which I think might be okay?) - if I use the mid elevators the cabin ends up over the Brass Magnolia bar with live jazz music - no thanks! LOL.  What's a girl to do?  

I don't really want to wait until reviews come in from people who have sailed as that might be a few months away?

Any ideas or suggestions? 🙂

Along with carefully studying the deck plans, our PVP was very helpful in choosing our cabin. We've booked cabin #5356, which looks like it's directly below the Java Blue Cafe. Once it closes for the evening, there shouldn't be much noise from above. Also, it doesn't appear that there are any lifeboats directly above our cabin. Looks like a win-win to us. 😃 I'm guessing any cove balcony cabins from 5306 to 5386 should be pretty good. 

6 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Where are you looking at deck plans? The carnival website has them pretty well lined up. We booked 5351 pretty much under the fun shops closet or whatever that blank spot is. Hopefully that works out. 

D86BA3BC-B547-4BEA-9573-D1FC4778DD6C.jpeg

Grand Central sounds quiet 😂 

• Haha 1

Sounds like you all got some good cabins....with the help of my PVP I was able to get a cabin under the dining room!  (was not being shown on the website) so we are thrilled and have booked b2b cruises next winter.....now let's just hope cruising has resumed and everyone can be safe onboard!  🙂

• Like 2

So we've never booked a cove balcony before, so thought we might try one for our upcoming Mardi Gras cruise next year.  For those that have sailed in them before, do you think since they are located on 5th floor on MG that it will be a different feel from other cove balconies?  This is just speculation on anyones thoughts, not looking for hardcore facts, lol.  

On 1/30/2021 at 4:12 PM, 13cheermom said:

So we've never booked a cove balcony before, so thought we might try one for our upcoming Mardi Gras cruise next year.  For those that have sailed in them before, do you think since they are located on 5th floor on MG that it will be a different feel from other cove balconies?  This is just speculation on anyones thoughts, not looking for hardcore facts, lol.  

the cove balconies are usually on the '2nd' passenger deck so in my opinion this is no different?  Just numbering is different...... I LOVE the cove balconies - very private, quiet, protected and close to the water - I once saw this huge sea turtle swiimming by - it was amazing!

Edited by Froufie
  • Like 1