Is there a Best Time of Year for British Aisles Cruise?

AF-1

10 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

ATG; what time of year did you go;  I am booked for August

We were on the same cruise as Hoopster, late June to July.  Just look at average temperatures and then realize it can vary a lot.

• Like 1

We cruised on the Brilliance of the Seas May 15-28, 2019 in the British Isles, and it was pretty chilly in some ports, requiring warm coats and umbrellas... and in a couple of ports it was just warm enough for t-shirts.  I'm guessing August should be a little warmer 🙂

Edited by nunuc2000

Been to Ireland many times. June can be cool and rainy but on clear days it can be glorious. The sun doesn't set until after nine pm, allowing more daylight to enjoy the shades of green. Please allow me to share this joke - Had a 2 week tour of Ireland and it only rained twice, once for 5 days and again for 6. Seriously, just GO. 

On 1/29/2021 at 7:11 AM, AF-1 said:

Hoopster95,  after reading your 2018 thread I noticed you have been on all the Radiance Class ships.  So my question to you;  are they all basically the same layout?  I am going on Jewel and have not sailed RCI in over ten years.  Have been on Freedom, Majesty, Explorer, Voyager, Allure;  so this class will be a first for my wife and I.  

Apologies for the late reply... I lurk a lot now on these boards, checking in every once in a while rather than daily.

Yes, They are mostly the same with a few minor differences between the 4 Radiance Class ships. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, texmex.ferr said:

If you hope to visit the Edinburgh Tattoo (depending on how long the ship is in port in Edinburgh), can I suggest you look to book this early, because the Tattoo can sell out very quickly.  

thank you for the feedback.  I have been to military tatoo;  so will forgo it this time.  Cheers