Party Cruises

florida eagle

I'm not sure I can answer your question directly, but....

Unlike other lines, MSC schedules frequently contain 3, 4, 7, 10 and 11-night cruises, but with, for example, the 10-nighter made up of a 3 and a 7, there is quite an overlap of people who are onboard for 3, some for 7, and some for 10 nights or a lot more, at the same time.

We've done 7+7.  I would say there was a festive "party" atmosphere in some areas, but no fall-over-drunk, at least not that we saw.

I hope that helps!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, florida eagle said:

Does MSC's shorter cruises have a higher partying atmosphere like the Carnival Line? Or is it more reserved? 

After 4 Carnival cruises with my first one being a 6 day Western Caribbean Spring Break Cruise on Carnival Freedom, Carnival gets a bad "rap" as to the party-hardy cruise line.  Their cruises are "Fun Ship" cruises.  There is FUN, but to think that one is going to encounter obnoxious, drunken behavior frequently is NOT what I have experienced.  Their ships that have Steakhouses have consistently produced cuisine and service that often exceeds such in the Pinnacle Grill on a Holland America ship.

3 hours ago, Preziosa said:

Just people who loves to have Fun without drinking to much

Based on my one MSC cruises, this well describes what I experienced.  

• Like 1

Been there, done that, let me to add my 2 cents:

As someone has said above (or below depending on where you'll might to be reading my post) MSC use to have some 3-11 night cruises running at the same time on the same ship, especially at season's beginning or ending, anticipating or after the repositioning cruises, so, while; on one hand you'll see several "party type" cruisers, whom are like someone said people who enjoy their day and whom might to be fun but not that drunken as that; on the other hand you'll notice that most of the crowd is composed of regular MSC cruisers (I was among them 2 times).

Obviously you'll might to have the bad luck of an abusive, even if minority, crowd... I had that bad luck once in the Baltic Seas, but it was a one off event.

Do note though that, as I mentioned most of the regular short European MSC cruises are, as I explained, done at the season's beginning or ending. Those cruises are usually used for the full or partial crew turnaround, meaning that they're most likely prone to some below the norm service level. At my cruises we had our MDR wait staff changed with no notification at mid cruise. Same for most our regular bar servers across the ship or our cabin steward. I hope you adjust your expectations in accordance to that if you happen to go with one of those cruises.

Have a nice day!

Edited by Nunagoras
  • Like 1