How long until Cunard announces it's next round of cancellations?

ace2542

I just got the following in my inbox: Canada bans all cruiseships with more than 100 passengers until Feb 28, 2022. There goes my October 2021 NYC-Quebec cruise.......

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/5862/?et_cid=3403490&et_rid=236220305&et_referrer=Boards - CC-US

(just saw a topic on point. will move my comments)

Edited by Meliador

Well I suppose that is why our "Independence Day Short Break" disappeared from the website.  We heard from the travel agent that the payment was deferred, so hopefully they'll say something more in the next week or two. Turning my attention to 2022...

• Like 1

On 2/7/2021 at 8:25 PM, ace2542 said:

I can see the cancellations moving into the September time at least sailings from UK.

I agree.  The challenge of the variant identified in South Africa, the varying pace of vaccination around the world, the Cunard crews being scattered all around the world, and the growing restrictions on travel in very many countries, all point to the summer’s cruising being cancelled, and that’s before you even start to consider managing things on board.  Until both crew and passengers are all safely vaccinated, cruising isn’t going to happen.

I’d agree with you...

The only thing I find odd is that Italy is going a head with it's ‘Italians only’ cruises. I think those will have all the issues that you've outlined, so I don't know how they can still cruise.

4 hours ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Expecting my 14 dayJune transatlantic will be cancelled seeing its on hold on the website wish they would make the decision so we can all accept and move on 

Yeah we are not doing to well with these cruises going ahead are we. Doesn't look like my November 21 26 night 3 ship cruise will go. My main problem is the 12 week vaccine cycle will likely take me into November as I am in the final grouping and can't see myself getting it in time.

Edited by ace2542