Aurea included with YC??

Drawn2TheOcean

Hello all-

DW and I have been Loyal to Royal for some time, but thought we would stray to see if the grass is greener elsewhere. Hoping some of you could help us navigate the waters of what's included with the YC.  We are booking an April '22 cruise on the Meraviglia in a YC deluxe suite. When doing a  fake booking online, where it asks to choose an experience, the Aurea option is listed as the only choice and priced at $0 pp. Does this mean that all the benefits of the Aurea experience are included with the YC? Some of the benefits (such as the drink package) overlap, but we were excited about the possibility of 2 included massages. Looking on their website, I can't find anything stating that the massages, or the benefits of the Aurea experience are included with a YC booking.

Also, ( and according to my DW, more importantly) is the gelato included with the YC. If not, I may have to put aside some extra $ in the vacation budget to accommodate her consumption 😊. TIA for all your help!

The Aurea Area is not part of the YC, but no real reason for it to be. Other than massages, about eveything else is included in the YC, including unlimited access to the main large Spa. 

As for gelato, technically it is not, but some have gotten it. I have ordered it for dessert in the YC dining room in the evening even though it is not on the dinner menus. I would not plan on it being free.

32 minutes ago, Drawn2TheOcean said:

Hello all-

DW and I have been Loyal to Royal for some time, but thought we would stray to see if the grass is greener elsewhere. Hoping some of you could help us navigate the waters of what's included with the YC.  We are booking an April '22 cruise on the Meraviglia in a YC deluxe suite. When doing a  fake booking online, where it asks to choose an experience, the Aurea option is listed as the only choice and priced at $0 pp. Does this mean that all the benefits of the Aurea experience are included with the YC? Some of the benefits (such as the drink package) overlap, but we were excited about the possibility of 2 included massages. Looking on their website, I can't find anything stating that the massages, or the benefits of the Aurea experience are included with a YC booking.

Also, ( and according to my DW, more importantly) is the gelato included with the YC. If not, I may have to put aside some extra $ in the vacation budget to accommodate her consumption 😊. TIA for all your help!

The YC is the experience so I'm confussed with the Aurea Experience being the only option.  It might just be the MSC website being confusing.  Not all of the Aurea experience perks are included in the YC.  The YC get the "Premium Drink" package, access to the thermal spa but doesn't get the free massages.  On the MSC Seaside the Gelato was included but I'm not sure if it is on the Meraviglia.

The YC is more than an experience, but an entirety separate section of the ship that is not accessible by nonmembers (ship with in a ship concept). It is entirely possible to spend the entire cruise in the YC and its private areas and never leave it during the cruise. If so, a passenger would miss the main theater, Spa, and other areas of the ship. In our case, we left the YC only to go to the Spa, main theater, and to just roam around. 

The YC has its own perks that may, or may not, exceed all other experiences. For the price, staying in the YC will almost always be the best option if you can afford the price.

3 hours ago, Drawn2TheOcean said:

.... Hoping some of you could help us navigate the waters of what's included with the YC.

Also, ( and according to my DW, more importantly) is the gelato included with the YC. If not, I may have to put aside some extra $ in the vacation budget to accommodate her consumption

On US bookings Aurea will get the Easy package with a $6 limit while Yacht Club gets the equivalent of the Premium package with an outside YC facilities $12 limit but also includes some perks like mini bar in cabin and some special drink selections available only inside the YC.  While YC gets some of the Aurea perks like access to the thermal spa and top 19 (xx) sundeck it does not include the massages or my choice dining, which is not needed since YC has it's own dedicated restaurant. 

Gelato can usually be obtained when inside the YC and when on Seaside class ships and in YC you can go to Venchi venues and get usually it at no charge, but on Meraviglia class you will not get it at the Jean Philip venues.  Just take it as a typical MSC glitch and it's really not a true financial consideration if you are considering YC. 

Aurea provides a mass market cruise with a level of extra amenities while while where YC excels is all the smaller subtleties of privacy/perks/service that brings the experience closer to that of a small ship experience but still letting you leave to enjoy the benefits of the larger ships.

10 hours ago, Drawn2TheOcean said:

Hello all-

DW and I have been Loyal to Royal for some time, but thought we would stray to see if the grass is greener elsewhere. Hoping some of you could help us navigate the waters of what's included with the YC.  We are booking an April '22 cruise on the Meraviglia in a YC deluxe suite. When doing a  fake booking online, where it asks to choose an experience, the Aurea option is listed as the only choice and priced at $0 pp. Does this mean that all the benefits of the Aurea experience are included with the YC?....

A word of caution, if you go ahead with this. If the Aurea option is listed as the only choice, then your fake booking was most likely not Yacht Club....especially if you used the YC search function....just be careful if you decide to book!

In your booking I think you've selected a cabin that has "suite" in the description but it is not a Yacht Club suite. The Suite and Grand Suite w/ Whirlpool are at the Aurea level but they are not within Yacht Club. There is no option to pick an experience level with a YC booking.