Escape - Any larger inside cabins?

tallnthensome

Anyone know if there are any larger than standard inside cabins on the Escape? I've sailed her before but not an inside. Found a good deal (yes, really) for a 2023 cruise out of new york. Kids sail free.  This will be a budget cruise for my wife and kids. I'm aware insides are small but $800 more for an OV isn't worth it. I can bid later.  It looks like on the deck plans that the four on deck 10 aft are larger than standard but that's based on the drawings. Anyone know if there are larger inside cabins hidden throughout? 

I am not aware of any (significant) larger insides.

But if space (in an acceptable ratio versus dollars..) is what you are after and a balcony is not a necessity, look into the forward facing oceanviews in the O4 category; 9700, 10700, 11700 up to 14700. Which might be worth more the (although extra since it's an higher category OV) money.

I can't give you an exact answer...but one time DH and I had a "guarantee inside" on the Breakaway.  They gave a us a Family Inside...so I was expecting room for "a family".  It was the smallest cabin I ever had or saw!  You had to keep the beds apart for a "middle passage" to walk.  Otherwise, you'd bang your head on the 3rd/4th bed on the wall. I'm under 5' feet and I had to bend over to get out of the bed. And, there was just about no "closet space".  I forget the reason, but the shelves were very limited too.  And this is coming from a couple who just takes 2 carry-ons.

ETA-It was so bad, that DH, who is of the philosophy "same food, same ports, same entertainment" no matter what cabin you get....would never book an inside again!  And, he was embarrassed to let people see our cabin.

Just letting you know what an inside family cabin could be like on this class of ship.

Edited by MsTabbyKats

3 hours ago, FreestyleNovice said:

I am not aware of any (significant) larger insides.

But if space (in an acceptable ratio versus dollars..) is what you are after and a balcony is not a necessity, look into the forward facing oceanviews in the O4 category; 9700, 10700, 11700 up to 14700. Which might be worth more the (although extra since it's an higher category OV) money.

Yes, I looked at those as well. Had one booked (10700 ) on the Encore .... $800 more which isn't a ton but still .... Would love the extra room but with two kids cabin time will be minimal ..... $800 buys a lot with kids. Just hoping there were a few hidden gems on the inside like those forward facing OV cabins. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

Yes, I looked at those as well. Had one booked (10700 ) on the Encore .... $800 more which isn't a ton but still .... Would love the extra room but with two kids cabin time will be minimal ..... $800 buys a lot with kids. Just hoping there were a few hidden gems on the inside like those forward facing OV cabins. 

My favourite Cruisedeckplan site has nothing on insides;

"Interior cabins range from 129 to 151 square feet."

Those 151 ft ones may be the deck 5 ones, those seem sideways. That odd feature makes them different on other ships, perhaps somebody else will chime in?

1 minute ago, MsTabbyKats said:

Here you go (reviewer was in 10601...see bottom area)

https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=617682

Thanks! The reviewer said the room, which is one of the four I mentioned,  was "big and roomy".  That's a good sign and they do look bigger on the plans. Of course, size is subjective I suppose........ 

My one time on the Escape from NY  to Bermuda in 2018 ish was in a standard inside on deck 5.  As my handle states,  I usually cruise solo as I was on this cruise.   This was a teeny tiny closet of a room for just me. I can't imagine 2 or more in it.  After 20ish cruises, it was the smallest room I've ever had.  

20 minutes ago, SolocruiserMA said:

My one time on the Escape from NY  to Bermuda in 2018 ish was in a standard inside on deck 5.  As my handle states,  I usually cruise solo as I was on this cruise.   This was a teeny tiny closet of a room for just me. I can't imagine 2 or more in it.  After 20ish cruises, it was the smallest room I've ever had.  

Yea, I understand and we know what to expect but I guess in my eyes increasing the total cruise cost 25% to go from an inside to OV doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling. Why I'm seeking the largest inside cabins if there are any. Very little info out there on these four cabins. The insde cabins on deck 5 look much smaller then the four aft deck 10 .... but drawings can be wrong in reality. 

20 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

Yea, I understand and we know what to expect but I guess in my eyes increasing the total cruise cost 25% to go from an inside to OV doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling. Why I'm seeking the largest inside cabins if there are any. Very little info out there on these four cabins. The insde cabins on deck 5 look much smaller then the four aft deck 10 .... but drawings can be wrong in reality. 

Oh, I still throughly enjoyed the voyage and ship.  With enough cocktails in me,  makes any room look like The Ritz!  I'm far too cheap to stray from my inside cabins. You have the right mentality.  I'd rather cruise 3 times a year in a closet than once in a balcony.  

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/13/2021 at 6:57 AM, tallnthensome said:

Anyone know if there are any larger than standard inside cabins on the Escape? I've sailed her before but not an inside. Found a good deal (yes, really) for a 2023 cruise out of new york. Kids sail free. 

On 3/12/2021 at 8:12 PM, robandlil said:

Have you priced out 2 inside cabins?  A parent in each with a kid or 2.  Unless the kids are going for free, I’d get a second cabin.

See above.