Price Drops After Final Payment transferred as OBC

Denny01

I hadn’t read this on CC so I thought I’d post this:

I took part in a Celebrity Zoom talk and the Celebrity Rep stated if there were cruise/SR price drops after Final Payment, you’d get the difference as an OBC for that cruise. I hadn’t read this on CC so I thought I’d pass this on. I asked for clarification to make sure and she said Yup, and my TA confirmed that later. 

Years ago, Celebrity would refund price drops after final payment (got a big refund one year) but that was dropped, and the only way you could take advantage (that I knew of) was to upgrade and get a better SR at the new price. So personally, I quit tracking prices after payment. 

So no you won’t get the money back, but it’s added as a non-refundable OBC, which means you need to spend it onboard or you lose it. Non-refundable OBC is used up first so there’s a great chance you’ll expend it on such things as buying stuff; special dining; tours; etc. With All Included, there’s less OBC spending, but I’m sure I can find a way of spending it all if I get this. 

Just a heads up.

Den

• Thanks 2

This is a feature of the Cruise With Confidence program.  One thing to note is that it is only available on sailings through 5/4/2022.

If your sailing is after that date no part of CwC applies including this.   For example my Oct 2022 sailing I would not be eligible for any price drop OBC or otherwise if my price drops after final payment.