2-24-21 Thursday Weigh-In---Last Weigh-In of February---Next One Will Be In March

Belle

Izena - congrats on the milestone! I've been toying with "no-weigh May". It's so engrained in me to get on the scale every morning that I think I would have a hard time. Glad you were able to have lunch with family.

Jo - what a good decision to have to make! Are the two cruises very different from each other?

Belle - I'm sorry you're feeling sad. My kids birthdays are just 5 days off from sharing a half birthday so we get them a little something when it's the other's actual birthday. I'm sure you have lots of good memories from your half birthday with your dad. It's great that your daughter is going to get her vaccine soon. I know you've been worrying about her.

Diana - glad hubby's shot went well. Hopefully with the J&J vaccine being approved, they will start to get them to people quicker.

Jan - sorry to hear about your fall! I hope your hand, back, and hip heal quickly!

Susan - Yay! 

We have a couple days of sunshine and then more rain in the forecast. I don't think anything will be done on the pool this week because of that, but DH's grill was delivered. It's resting comfortably in my spot in the garage. 😆

I wanted to take down our winter wreath on the front door yesterday. It's really my Christmas wreath that I forgot to take down, but with the snow and cold, I think it's ok that it was still up. I got down the step ladder and saw that a bird had made a nest at the top of it and there was one little egg. I put it back up, and took a quick picture. The kids and I had an impromptu science lesson, and now we're on Birdwatch 2021. We did a lot of research yesterday, and we're pretty sure it's a house finch. I thought it may be abandoned because they are supposed to lay more than one egg, but they can do so over several days. I can see momma and daddy bird out there now through the glass panel in our door, and we can see the nest from our front security camera. There was only one egg still this morning. Momma bird is sitting on it now, so I'm not sure if she laid another or not. I don't think she's moving for a couple weeks now. 

This afternoon the governor rescinded his mask mandate and opened businesses back up to 100% capacity. I'm not sure we're ready for that, but they didn't ask my opinion. 

Belle - intermittent fasting seems to be working, so I'm sticking with it. Walking about 30 minutes most days. My downfall is snacking right before bed when I'm not hungry, but I'm still losing weight overall, so I'm not complaining. 

Hi all!

melmar02 ~ neat to have a bird in the nest! I get pleasure from feeding birds here but only once had a Finch family in a bird house. The Blue Jays & Squirrels love the peanuts I've been feeding them.

The 2 cruises I've booked are SO different!! One is the Queen Mary westbound crossing from Southampton, the other Anthem of the Seas, also from Southampton. I have a lot of time to decide on which to take.

Oh btw I ordered a toaster oven from Amazon as I wasn't getting anywhere with the stores I checked out. It came today so I guess I used my old one for the last time tonight to heat up some frozen onion rings to go with the steak, mushrooms & asparagus. This was the 1st bag of onion rings I've ever made & we liked them.

I'm not expecting good results on Thursday as I've been into the chips & chocolate once more.

When will I learn not to buy the stuff?!!!

See you Thursday.

Keep safe.

~ Jo ~ 😊

Mel we had a little birdnest in a wreath one time.  It was amazing to watch the little birds stick their little buts out of the nest to poop!  I had always heard the old phrase about not shxxxxg in your own nest but did not realize that it was their way of life😁.  Jo I am jealous of your travels.  We have always cruised in the Caribbean.  My Mom had dementia and we had sitters with her 24 hours a day.  We were always afraid to travel too far.  Mom passed away almost 2 years ago.  Her birthday was in March so Belle I share some of your family sadness this month.  Anyway, maybe one day we will travel a little farther.

• Like 1

We could see two eggs on the camera this afternoon when momma bird flew out to take a break. I think I may have to get a new wreath by the time the chicks are done with it. 

Jo - glad you were able to get a toaster. Your steak sounds good.  

Susan - my mom passed 7 years ago. Birthdays and holidays are always bittersweet.

Allure of the Seas bookings from Galveston opened up this morning. I called DH and said pretty please for an April 2023. We're going to be in Star Class, and the kids and I have been looking at details and watching videos between lessons today. I think I'm more excited about the new terminal and being on an Oasis class ship than I am about our Alaska cruise right now. 781 days until that one sails!

• Like 1

Mel and Izena please don't listen to your gov.  Wear your masks...afraid people 

are going to go wild opening up 100%. Want you two safe. Izena glad you got

your shots.

Mel glad you booked another cruise. WE ALL want to cruise so much.

I got the one cruise stuff worked out now the other one to deal with.

Sorry Susan and others who have loss their parents or spouses. March is sad

but happy to, my sons birthday is March 17th.

Jo cruises sound nice, to bad can't take both.  Hope all of our cruises go.

Mine our for 2021. So just wait and see. I think 2022 & 2023 are safe. Don't

have any booked then. Canada is sure making it strict for you all now.

You can't go anywhere and if do have to stay in hotel at $2000 for 3 days!

Diana, Jan and Ombud hope your both are doing good and staying safe too.

Hope nothing but good things are happening to you even with just staying

home.

More vaccine being shipped. Good news.

Hope we all have a No Gain Thursday.

Edited by Belle