Beach Cabana at Chankanaak Park

Nashna

Looking to take a cruise excursion that includes a private beach cabana at Chankanaak Park.  Has anyone done this?  If so, did you enjoy your day?  How far were you from the beach and pool?

1 hour ago, Nashna said:

Looking to take a cruise excursion that includes a private beach cabana at Chankanaak Park.  Has anyone done this?  If so, did you enjoy your day?  How far were you from the beach and pool?

You may find an old report on CC using the search engine but the cabanas were fairly new before cruising stopped.

There was a recent brief report on a “live from” on TA

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g150809-i66-k13483077-Trip_Report_Jan_16th_Jan_30th_Day_7_Fri-Cozumel_Yucatan_Peninsula.html#109212052

You will probably find more reviews on TA. I didn't realize until I read this report that the cabanas seem to be sub-contracted although I guess that at is true of several entities at Chankanaab. I haven’t tried them in person, only seen them. They are right at the end of the property (away from the entrance) quite a distance from the pool.

ETA

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g150809-d15100624-Reviews-The_Cabana_Beach-Cozumel_Yucatan_Peninsula.html#REVIEWS

Edited by c-leg5

On 3/1/2021 at 10:48 AM, Nashna said:

We were in Chankanaab today.  The cabanas were empty so we looked at them.  Honestly they are not close to a pool unless Im missing one and if you are facing the beach they are all the way to the left.  We were only there for a few hours and spent most of our time snorkeling.  

17 hours ago, jean87510 said:

We were in Chankanaab today.  The cabanas were empty so we looked at them.  Honestly they are not close to a pool unless Im missing one and if you are facing the beach they are all the way to the left.  We were only there for a few hours and spent most of our time snorkeling.  

Thanks for letting me know.  How far of a walk are they from a swimming beach?

4 minutes ago, Nashna said:

Thanks for letting me know.  How far of a walk are they from a swimming beach?

If you look at a map of Chankanaab you will see the locations of all the facilities. The cabanas are at the end away from the entrance.

Chankanaab is ironstone shore hence the metal steps into the ocean for snorkeling. There are some man-made sandy areas above the shore line. There is a very small sandy cove which goes directly into a protected area, which you will see on the map, not far from the pool.

Everything is “walkable” but not close for popping to and from. If I was paying the price they charge for the cabanas I would want to concentrate on that. It was a long time before we went to Chankanaab because the admission price put us off but once there I was pleasantly surprised. I would be more inclined to go when we have children with us but even as a couple we enjoy it.

Just now, c-leg5 said:

Direct access or via the steps?

It was pretty close to the steps and there are quite a few staircase/steps.  I was at the beach area with the Madonna and Jesus statues.  If there's a different beach, my apologies.  The dolphin exhibit was on the right facing the water and the cabanas were on the far left.  

3 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

It was pretty close to the steps and there are quite a few staircase/steps.  I was at the beach area with the Madonna and Jesus statues.  If there's a different beach, my apologies.  The dolphin exhibit was on the right facing the water and the cabanas were on the far left.  

Yes that is my recollection but I got the impression from the OP that they were looking for direct beach access from sand. Sorry if I misunderstood!

If you go through the photos in the second TA link I posted you should be able to see the sandy area and small stone wall at the edge of the ocean and some photos of steps 

• Like 1

This option is actually for my son and his wife who have had their honeymoon postponed twice due to Covid.  They are now trying for July. Currently, MSC sailings in Europe are only allowing passengers the ability to leave the ship if they are on an MSC excursion. They are not interested in a crowded boat or bus tour and they have $900.00 onboard credit to use.  The cabana option looks like it will work as MSC offers this as an excursion.

19 hours ago, Nashna said:

This option is actually for my son and his wife who have had their honeymoon postponed twice due to Covid.  They are now trying for July. Currently, MSC sailings in Europe are only allowing passengers the ability to leave the ship if they are on an MSC excursion. They are not interested in a crowded boat or bus tour and they have $900.00 onboard credit to use.  The cabana option looks like it will work as MSC offers this as an excursion.

Oh wow, so sorry to hear about the honeymoon.  Hopefully someone answers who was there before covid since I am basing it on my experience which was about 10 people total in the entire park. The cabanas had shade and looked comfortable.  

• 3 months later...

I have these booked in November. I don't know how expensive they are via MSC, but these cabanas are CHEAP in $$$ language at their own website. A Cabana, including admission to the park for two was $50. That is so very inexpensive in comparison to cabanas at the other ports. Admission for two and the chance you might (or might not) get a palapa is at least $42 without the coupon.

I'm very familiar with Chakanaab, we've always found it the best value for our dollar as far as food, snorkeling and cultural experience. We always go to that end of the park anyway so the crowds will be less. The Cabana Beach has its own entrance, separate from the main park so I'm very happy that the walk won't be as long as I'm used to, my knees will thank me I am positive!

I can spend OBC many, many ways onboard.  I don't find ship excursions a good value for my OBC dollar, especially in Cozumel when there are so many different excursions at a good value off ship and in such a safe port. 

20 hours ago, vamartha said:

I have these booked in November. I don't know how expensive they are via MSC, but these cabanas are CHEAP in $$$ language at their own website. A Cabana, including admission to the park for two was $50. That is so very inexpensive in comparison to cabanas at the other ports. Admission for two and the chance you might (or might not) get a palapa is at least $42 without the coupon.

I'm very familiar with Chakanaab, we've always found it the best value for our dollar as far as food, snorkeling and cultural experience. We always go to that end of the park anyway so the crowds will be less. The Cabana Beach has its own entrance, separate from the main park so I'm very happy that the walk won't be as long as I'm used to, my knees will thank me I am positive!

I can spend OBC many, many ways onboard.  I don't find ship excursions a good value for my OBC dollar, especially in Cozumel when there are so many different excursions at a good value off ship and in such a safe port. 

Several beach clubs on the island are currently offering discounts but that price sounds almost too good to be true and yet it is posted on both the cabana site and the official Chankanaab website.

I have always thought the cabanas to be overpriced ( a blog from two years ago quoted $280 for two people, including admission) but I agree at the current price it is a steal.

Edited by c-leg5

I just booked this today too. I paid $50 for 1 cabana for 2. I am seeing where some people are saying they are supposed to go for $269. I booked directly at their site https://thecabanabeach.com/. My confirmation page has the words security deposit next to the $50 I paid. I hope this is not really just a deposit and I am suppose to pay more when I arrive. There was not anything on the website even alluding to this.

2 hours ago, shell55 said:

I just booked this today too. I paid $50 for 1 cabana for 2. I am seeing where some people are saying they are supposed to go for $269. I booked directly at their site https://thecabanabeach.com/. My confirmation page has the words security deposit next to the $50 I paid. I hope this is not really just a deposit and I am suppose to pay more when I arrive. There was not anything on the website even alluding to this.

Please report back and let us know.

certainly $269 used to include Chankanaab entrance fee. Food and drink were extra which I thought was very expensive for  what it was. Since entrance alone is now $26pp, $50 total for entrance and cabana would be an amazing price. 

The Chankanaab website implies there is an entrance fee plus $50 for a cabana for two. It is certainly confusing.

Edited by c-leg5

I emailed Cabana Beach to inquire and this was their response.

That is correct you just booked under that rate which was up until pretty much right now. New rates just went up $20 per cabana. However your booking is correct and you payed the correct amount. 

1 minute ago, shell55 said:

I emailed Cabana Beach to inquire and this was their response.

That is correct you just booked under that rate which was up until pretty much right now. New rates just went up $20 per cabana. However your booking is correct and you payed the correct amount. 

Did they say if it included entrance to Chankanaab, or if that was payable on the day? It seems amazing if you can get entrance and a cabana for less than the entrance cost. 

I know there are a lot of discounts right now to try and get land visitors and locals to use facilities. We just took advantage of several but I didn’t think about Chankanaab.

I copied this from their website

Rates and Inclusions

Cabana rates start at $50 USD
Includes a fruit platter, snorkel gear and towels.

Individual access fee per guest is $10 USD for ages 5 and up.
Individual access fee includes bracelet to Chankanaab Park.

The maximum capacity for each Cabana is 6 guests.

11 minutes ago, shell55 said:

I copied this from their website

Rates and Inclusions

Cabana rates start at $50 USD
Includes a fruit platter, snorkel gear and towels.

Individual access fee per guest is $10 USD for ages 5 and up.
Individual access fee includes bracelet to Chankanaab Park.

The maximum capacity for each Cabana is 6 guests.

Yes, I had seen that. I was comparing it to Chankanaab website. Hope it works out for you. I think it is confusing.  

ADMISSION:
Adult $26.00 USD

child $18.00 USD (aged 4-12)

Children under 3 Enter Free

*Prices and exchange rates may vary. 

ACTIVITIES

(EXTRA COST)

• The Cabana Beach: Cabaña playera privada con servicio personalizado que puede acomodar hasta 6 personas con vista al mar. incluye: Asistente concierge (propina no incluida, toallas de playa y equipo de snorkel). Cabañas $50 USD Para 2 personas. Persona adicional $10 USD abierto de 10:00 am a 6:00 pm 
Edited by c-leg5

I paid $30 for the cabana and $10 each for 2 for a total of $50. The $10 per guest access fee is still in effect but the cabanas are now $50 and $70 depending on which one you choose. There are 12 to choose from and all are $50 except for 2  of the cabanas which are $70. I am thinking that as these get more well known and popular the prices will probably go up. Not sure what the $269 cost I have seen some people say that these have been in the past is about. I would not pay that much for one.

16 minutes ago, shell55 said:

I paid $30 for the cabana and $10 each for 2 for a total of $50. The $10 per guest access fee is still in effect but the cabanas are now $50 and $70 depending on which one you choose. There are 12 to choose from and all are $50 except for 2  of the cabanas which are $70. I am thinking that as these get more well known and popular the prices will probably go up. Not sure what the $269 cost I have seen some people say that these have been in the past is about. I would not pay that much for one.

$269 was the pre-pandemic price. Here is a review from a couple of years ago when they were quite new. This price did not include food and drink, other than fruit plate. I didn’t realize they had so many cabanas until I saw the site map. Maybe they have added to them over the years they have been open.

https://travelswithtam.com/the-cabana-beach-cozumel/?amp

And I've just booked again for January at the $50 + $10 rate.  I could have gotten it at the $30 + $10 rate but my cruise is in Cozumel on a Monday. Even though it still says that it isn't available on Monday, it is bookable for January on a Monday and according to Sebastian in Customer Service, they are open again 7 days a week.

I still love Chakanaab and this price for a cabana just make it more special!  See you soon Cabana - once in November and again in January! 🙂

6 minutes ago, vamartha said:

And I've just booked again for January at the $50 + $10 rate.  I could have gotten it at the $30 + $10 rate but my cruise is in Cozumel on a Monday. Even though it still says that it isn't available on Monday, it is bookable for January on a Monday and according to Sebastian in Customer Service, they are open again 7 days a week.

I still love Chakanaab and this price for a cabana just make it more special!  See you soon Cabana - once in November and again in January! 🙂

Good find!

They will have a hard sell trying to justify a $280 price tag in the future for the same thing.

Edited by c-leg5

• 7 months later...

Thank you guys for your reviews and pointing me to hopefully right direction. I made reservation for coming cruise stop day and wanted to share promo code I used to get 32$ off. So, in February price is 80 + 10 each person and used "LOCAL" to help with the total price. Sounds too good to pass especially after reading about previous price.