Beach Cabana at Chankanaak Park

Nashna

45 minutes ago, yshteyman said:

Thank you guys for your reviews and pointing me to hopefully right direction. I made reservation for coming cruise stop day and wanted to share promo code I used to get 32$ off. So, in February price is 80 + 10 each person and used "LOCAL" to help with the total price. Sounds too good to pass especially after reading about previous price.   

Careful you don’t need to show a resident’s/local card to validate that.

Most clubs/businesses have a local rate/menu.

That is the same price I booked for our April cruise ($80 + optional $10 admittance fee). We wanted to go to Chankanaab for the snorkeling and we don't really drink so didn't want to pay for all inclusive somewhere else. The math worked out for my family of 4 - we would have paid $26pp for the three adults (oldest child is 15 years old) and another $18 for my 12 year old = $96. Instead, we paid $80 for cabana plus $40 for the 4 of us (admittance fee) = $120. We're paying 24 dollars more for: cabana!, fruit plate, snorkeling gear and towels, which feels like an amazing price to me. If you have 5 or 6 people, you save even more because of the discount on tickets.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/15/2022 at 5:08 PM, jbrinkm said:

That is the same price I booked for our April cruise ($80 + optional $10 admittance fee). We wanted to go to Chankanaab for the snorkeling and we don't really drink so didn't want to pay for all inclusive somewhere else. The math worked out for my family of 4 - we would have paid $26pp for the three adults (oldest child is 15 years old) and another $18 for my 12 year old = $96. Instead, we paid $80 for cabana plus $40 for the 4 of us (admittance fee) = $120. We're paying 24 dollars more for: cabana!, fruit plate, snorkeling gear and towels, which feels like an amazing price to me. If you have 5 or 6 people, you save even more because of the discount on tickets.

And snorkeling is not included in the park price.  Its $7 per person to rent the gear so this is an even better deal.  We did Chankanaab in 2020 and had a great time.  

• Like 1

On 2/15/2022 at 5:08 PM, jbrinkm said:

I think the previous poster was implying they were claiming local discount in addition.

1 hour ago, c-leg5 said:

I think the previous poster was implying they were claiming local discount in addition.

yes, I agree. I was just reacting to the updated general price of $80, up from $50 in some of the earlier posts. I think it is a bargain even without trying to get any additional discount, valid or not.

• 3 months later...
On 7/5/2021 at 1:16 PM, shell55 said:

I paid $30 for the cabana and $10 each for 2 for a total of $50. The $10 per guest access fee is still in effect but the cabanas are now $50 and $70 depending on which one you choose. There are 12 to choose from and all are $50 except for 2  of the cabanas which are $70. I am thinking that as these get more well known and popular the prices will probably go up. Not sure what the $269 cost I have seen some people say that these have been in the past is about. I would not pay that much for one.

I'm confused.  So, are the cabanas inside the Chankanaab park or outside of it?  Also, can you get food and drink at the cabanas?

13 minutes ago, ciship said:

I'm confused.  So, are the cabanas inside the Chankanaab park or outside of it?  Also, can you get food and drink at the cabanas?

They are right next to the Adventure Park. In fact the life jackets and such come from there.

Yes, they have a full menu at the cabanas

2 hours ago, ciship said:

They are subcontracted and rent a space within the park. They are at the far end. You have access to the park but when you have paid that much for the cabana ( because the promotional prices are now over) I am not sure how much time you would want to spend in the park on a short cruise port day.

The website tells you what snacks are included. Any extra is off the menu, either from the cabana restaurant or presumably you can buy from one of the other restaurants/ snack bars within the park.

i would consider it for a land visit or if you just wanted to pay for a relaxing few hours.