Is anyone else getting Balance Due notices when you're fully paid?

Last week I got sent an email that I had a balance due for my May 9th Mediterranean cruise (which I'm certain won't be sailing).   If you read the whole email, it goes on to mention that I owe "$0.00," which is true, as I paid the in full when I bought the cruise ages ago.  I called to see what was up and was assured that I owed nothing.  I asked if the cruise was still going and was told that, as of that moment, it was still scheduled to go.  Today I got the same email again.  This is really weird.  I mean, even if I did owe them money, why would they still be trying to collect for a cruise that can't possibly be sailing?

I didn't get a balance due, but I did get two weird unsolicited invoices for my upcoming cruises last week. Final payment is not due yet.

I had FCC's attached to the cruise. When I first applied them, Royal Caribbean took the price off the top of the cruise fare. The new invoices restore the original cruise fare and the FCCs have now been added to the deposit amount.

The bean counters must be manufacturing things to do to look busy 🙂

Edited by cured

I got another variation.  Last week I got the balance due email.  The due date says 18 JAN 2021.  I read it closer and see that it says it is for May 8, 2021 on the Brilliance.  Well, that was our original sailing but Royal changed our ship to Independence several months ago.  In their rebooking process my balance due went from $2.00 to $1.26.  I paid off the balance 6 weeks ago.  When I log in to check my sailing it shows paid in full and that it is on the Independence.  I didn't want to blow off the email and then find out there really was a problem so I called today.  The Vacation Planner said to ignore the email and that I was paid in full.  Then I just got another balance due email today.  Really weird thing is that my kids have 2 other cabins with their own booking number and they didn't get this crazy email.

• Thanks 1

I had a balance due invoice. TA said I didn't owe it, her RCI business manager said i didn't owe it, Resolutions said I didn't owe it. But I know RCI's computer problems, I knew that come final payment date, the computer would automatically cancel my cruise because all it knew was I owed. Nobody could make it understand. So I paid the amount that wasn't due, got an invoice showing paid in full, then lo and behold a week later the computer refunded the payment back to my credit card. 

You know, I would do what you did...if I could.  My sailing shows paid in full, as well as a different ship.  But how did you pay them if it was paid in full?  Did you ask them to take your credit card over the phone and apply it to that booking?  

I've received two emails in the last five days from the DONOTREPLY RCL email address that not only state that I still owe everything but my deposit amount on a paid-in-full May Allure cruise, but also backdated the final payment date from 2/15/21 to 1/26/21 (90 days magically has become 111 days). I've confirmed both on line, through the link in the email, and by phone (twice) that there is no balance due. I finally got through to someone in resolutions that opened an IT ticket to figure out why their system is churning out bogus invoices. My fear is that RCL will be cancelling May cruises and then find out that their systems are saying I don't have any money coming back. UGGH