Celebrity Equinox Sky Suite Accessible Room #2130

cheeseheads4ever

Just a quick question for anyone that has stayed on Celebrity Equinox Accessible Room #2130. My concerns are I think this room has a overhang and seems like it makes balcony claustrophobic. Are the bars that come down obstruct view? What is the noise level being just below ocean view cafe?

We want to make this is the correct room for us and would change if there are any issues.

I usually sleep good at night after a visit to Martini Bar but if noise is an issue would like to know.

Thanks to all for any help!

We have stayed in cabin #2130 on the Silhouette (same deck plan as the Equinox). There was occasional noise from the Ocean View (more like a rumbling noise), but it didn't bother us and we had no trouble sleeping.

The overhang and bars didn't bother us either. You can still take photos and the view off the balcony is fine. Its a great cabin with lots of room and a longer balcony. I am attaching a picture of the overhang.288115230_Europe2013CardNo21206.thumb.jpg.05d72616bb3c9076493aa2e4e387cf4d.jpg

We have stayed in Room 2130 on the Equinox.    We had zero noise or issues with the view.   We also have Room 2130 booked on our next Equinox cruise the end of this summer.

PS:   We love the Martini Bar, too.  Especially on the Equinox.    I hope some of the same bartenders will still be there....

The poles and overhang didn't bother us.

Here is another poster reporting on room Equinox accessible room 2136 (which is the same as 2130).  

https://boards.cruisecritic.com.au/topic/2558807-equinox-handicapped-accessible-cabin-2136/

The Equinox was revolutionized in 2019.   The Equinox is our favorite Celebrity ship.

I didn't sail on the Equinox, but I was in a Sky Suite on the Solstice that was located beneath the Ocean View Cafe.  I'm an extremely light sleeper and I found the noise from above to be a big problem. The cart rumblings were loud enough to jolt me out of my sleep at night. Sometimes it sounded like a train was above us. We had a white noise machine with us and even that didn't help block out the noise. My husband and I have a cruise booked on the Equinox in 2022 and we have one of the Sky Suites in the back of the ship this time because there's no way we'd ever book another suite below the cafe. If you're a solid sleeper, you might not mind it. But, if you or your cabin mate are lighter sleepers, you might find it maddening. I didn't get a full night's rest the entire 13-day cruise. My husband, on the other hand, slept like a baby. 

I traveled in 2134 on the Eclipse in 2019.  Traveling with my wife and adult son who needs the walk-in shower and lack of anything that he needs to step over.  It worked well, access to the balcony was ramped on both sides and not intrusive. The overhang was not an issue. Our steward found us a third chair for the balcony.  We did have some noise from overhead that sounded like carts being rolled but did not bother us.  Did get extra towels from the pool to help contain water from shower. 

We have the same cabin location booked for June out of Southampton (not likely happening).  I appreciated the protection from the weather provided by the overhang. I have booked the only 3-person accessible Sky Suite on the Edge for June 2022 and it appears to also have some degree of overhang. I have booked circumnavigation of Japan, September 2022 without our son, and wanted an aft corner Sky Suite and chose one on 12th level to get the overhang.