June 2021 Official Update

HaveWeMetYet

Updated March 16, 2021:    Your safety is our #1 priority—both on and off our ships. Due to the current global environment, we are extending the suspension of cruises to include all cruises embarking through June 2021.

Guests who had an active reservation on a suspended cruise in June 2021 will automatically receive a refund of their cruise fare in the original form of payment for the amount paid by May 4, 2021. Additionally, a 10% off coupon will be automatically added to the guest's account, if the guest has not already received one for a previously cancelled sailing. The 10% FCC coupon is valid for one year from date of issue, and can be used for any Norwegian Cruise Line voyage embarking through 2022 and is combinable with any other Future Cruise Credits and all future promotions at time of booking.

For affected reservations paid via a previously issued Future Cruise Credit, the full value of the FCC used will be re-applied to the guest’s Latitudes account within 7 days. This is done automatically, and no further action is required on the guest or travel advisor’s part.

I can only hope they may still manage test sailings in June... with the 60 day advance filing for a conditional sailing permit... that would be really bad news.

Test cruise in June ==> Sailing resumes in August (per ship)

Test cruise in July ==> Sailing resumes in September (per ship)

assuming a successful test sailing, and approval of the request for conditional sailing permit by the CDC.

Unless the CDC changes the Framework for Conditional Sailing from the present requirements.

I don't think test cruises will ever happen. At least "test cruises" the CDC had planned on requiring last year. Some sort of protocols will come out that cruise lines will be required to follow but I don't see test cruises being required any longer.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

I don't think test cruises will ever happen. At least "test cruises" the CDC had planned on requiring last year. Some sort of protocols will come out that cruise lines will be required to follow but I don't see test cruises being required any longer.

I think they will definitely happen.  CDC isn't going to change that plan.  Now, we can just wait and see which one of our crystal balls are correct.  😉

1 hour ago, ColeThornton said:

I think they will definitely happen.  CDC isn't going to change that plan.  Now, we can just wait and see which one of our crystal balls are correct.  😉

I think the cruise lines will have moved on to other countries with new home ports to get around the CDC test cruises that they STILL have not issued all the requirements for.  RCCL now home porting a ship in Israel and Crystal home porting in the Bahamas are just the tip of the ice berg in my view.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ColeThornton said:

I'm hopeful, since my next two cruises are embarking overseas with no U.S. ports of call, that NCL will give up on trying to satisfy the CDC and take to the high seas under their Healthy Sail Panel rules and demonstrate that cruising can be done safely.

• Like 2

I can't see cruise lines dependent on US volumes making themselves whole with cruises departing from foreign ports. 

a) passport requirements + longer travel/increased cost

b) logistics challenges to fully provision ships in smaller ports such as the Bahamas

c) limited daily airline and local hotel capacities given the increased need to travel ahead

I can see a ship or two doing this, but not the whole fleets of NCL, Royal, Carnival, MSC, Disney... surely not the route to restoring financial health!