Santiago de Compostela - Vigo or La Coruna

Here are pictures from La Coruna and Santiago.  My gut feel is to go to Santiago from Vigo but recommend checking to see for where the excursions are better.  We did Santiago on a land tour so did not have to make that decision.

Portugal and N Spain (shutterfly.com)  (La Coruna)

Portugal and N Spain (shutterfly.com) (Santiago de C)

(1)  Look at the other options at each port and see what you would miss by going to Santiago that day.

(2)  Consider scheduling Santiago both days, because Galicia is very rainy and Santiago is much more enjoyable if it isn't pouring rain – and there is nothing at either port that I consider better than Santiago.

PS - Be sure to eat some Tarta de Santiago while you're there.

• Like 1

On 3/17/2021 at 7:36 PM, mskaufman said:

Here are pictures from La Coruna and Santiago.  My gut feel is to go to Santiago from Vigo but recommend checking to see for where the excursions are better.  We did Santiago on a land tour so did not have to make that decision.

Portugal and N Spain (shutterfly.com)  (La Coruna)

Portugal and N Spain (shutterfly.com) (Santiago de C)

Thank you so much for your recommendation.  Your pictures are beautiful, thank you for sharing them.  The last one of the church against the blue sky is really stunning.

21 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

(1)  Look at the other options at each port and see what you would miss by going to Santiago that day.

(2)  Consider scheduling Santiago both days, because Galicia is very rainy and Santiago is much more enjoyable if it isn't pouring rain – and there is nothing at either port that I consider better than Santiago.

PS - Be sure to eat some Tarta de Santiago while you're there.

Thank you so much.  I appreciate your recommendation.  The Tarta looks really good, too.  

• Like 1

On 3/19/2021 at 8:00 PM, CascaisCruiser said:

Thank you so much for your recommendation.  Your pictures are beautiful, thank you for sharing them.  The last one of the church against the blue sky is really stunning.

Thanks. The benefit of "golden hour".  Picture was taken in early evening with the sun behind me.  

• 2 months later...