Holland falls behind

sofietucker

On 4/1/2021 at 4:51 AM, sofietucker said:

I guess one difference between the lines marketing is that Celebrity reaches out--we get at least one email a day, with a link to their Instagram posts or whatever...

Too much for me...that would drive me nuts, and I'd unsubscribe. But if it works for you, they're doing a good job connecting with their target audience.

OMG!!! Outrageous. (Knittingirl's  cancellation) They cancelled our Sea of Cortez twice, April 2020 and then 2021--cancelling the second time the very day after it was rebooked--but promptly issued a cash refund. I'd have thought they'd  gotten up to speed on the process by now!

Edited by sofietucker

On 3/31/2021 at 6:54 PM, sofietucker said:

Just an observation--as 4-star Mariners--that over the past year, HAL has not stepped up to keep its pax engaged. I weigh this against Celebrity  which has held weekly little games, quizzes and puzzles that accrued Captain's Club points, as well as travelogues and  videos about Alaska and the Galapagoes, along with fun and silly officer, including ship's masters,  and crew Instagram posts--weddings, etc.--wherever they are in warm layup, to keep us involved and engaged in the line. We have been invited to follow the recipes posted in video by their master chefs and post our results. FUN, in other words. And not cheesy stuff either... Their president, Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, regularly posted live video updates, as a REAL person. We kept asking ourselves,  where is HAL? Nothing but crickets... NOTHING all this past year. Pathetic lack of marketing,  frankly. So are we sailing out of St Maarten in June? HAIL YES. 

I have no idea what the cruise lines have been doing on social media.  I sail for the itinerary, price, food and comforts.  Like a beach hotel, it is something I can enjoy in the moment, and even forward to, but I don't follow the hotel chain's online activities in advance.  

I hope Lisa Lutoff-Perlo takes this time to improve her supply chain and maintenance schedule.  We were short many food ingredients on our last Celebrity cruise, and finally got some vegetables towards the end, mixed frozen veggies.  I've heard her say that she wants to attract Gen X, but she'll have to do more than gimmicks.  The failed attempt to attract Millennials with hipster designers like Kelly Hoppen should be a sign.

5 hours ago, sofietucker said:

OMG!!! Outrageous. (Knittingirl's  cancellation) They cancelled our Sea of Cortez twice, April 2020 and then 2021--cancelling the second time the very day after it was rebooked--but promptly issued a cash refund. I'd have thought they'd  gotten up to speed on the process by now!

After sifting through my paperwork, the 2022 cruise that was just cancelled originally came from a March 2020 to Hawaii.  I cancelled it, the day before they made a cash  back offer, so all they were obliged to do was give me future credit for a 2021 cruise.  I'm wondering if they cancelled it because yesterday I looked it up on the sale page, and they didn't have any openings.

3 hours ago, knittinggirl said:

After sifting through my paperwork, the 2022 cruise that was just cancelled originally came from a March 2020 to Hawaii.  I cancelled it, the day before they made a cash  back offer, so all they were obliged to do was give me future credit for a 2021 cruise.  I'm wondering if they cancelled it because yesterday I looked it up on the sale page, and they didn't have any openings.

Wishing you luck on getting it straightened out!