FLL - Sun Trolley?

phabric

I have used the Sun Trolley many times while staying at Best Western Oceanside, Sea Breeze Blvd.

I noticed it is now free.  

1). Do you think it will return to paying in the future when COVID dies down?

Before, you just had to wave to the driver and the trolley would stop to pick you up.

2). From their site, “stand at one of our many designates stops and we’ll pick you up”

So now, we have to go to a certain trolley sign to get on /off.

I just got back from two weeks in Ft. Lauderdale at the Riverside Hotel, and I didn’t see the Sun Trolley even once, even though I was out walking several miles every day.  I bought a month’s pass for the water taxi and used that to get around.  The Sun Trolley used to travel regularly down Las Olas and I know I used to pick it up at the Harbor Shops and the Galleria Mall.  This time, nothing.

Despite what you saw on tv about the young nitwits on the beach, the hotel, the restaurants, and the Water Taxi were very strict about wearing a mask.  

On their site, they said 2 trolleys are running instead of 3.  I know the trolleys stop at exactly at 5pm as we were asked to get off one time.

We would use the trolley to go a restaurant and take the 40 bus back to the hotel for only $1 each way.

Maybe because of COVID, they might have stopped for awhile.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The trolley is no longer a "trolley," it is now unmarked white shuttles.  You pick the shuttle up at certain bus stops along the county bus route.  It is now free of charge, but we used the water taxi the day we went to the beach and went to Las Olas on the way back.

Thanks for the information.  We have used the trolley to go/from to restaurants.

If it is a unmarked white shuttle, how can you tell it is not just a white van going by?

The trolley used to stop at 5pm.  Will this shuttle stop at 5pm also.

Would certain stops be the city bus stops?