FCC Sail By Date Extension

kebrown

Does anyone think that Celebrity will extend the sail by date of 9-30-22 on the Future Cruise Certificates that are currently being issued on canceled cruises?  In my opinion, this sail by date of 9-30-22 is very unfair given the fact that Celebrity is still cancelling cruises and we don't have a realistic date as to when cruising will return to full service.  In my opinion, Future Cruise Certificates issued for cruises that were canceled by Celebrity should be good until at least the end of 2022.

It will just depend on how much longer they have to cancel cruises. The offers will probably get less generous over time. But it is in Celebrity's benefit to keep the timeframe limited. At this point I would always go with a refund vs. FCC. 

I would think they would extend the sail by date. They have been pushing it out as they have canceled cruises, so it would be consistent. And while there are tons of FCC's out there that Celebrity would like to see go away, they also want paying passengers so they get more cash. If every ship is crammed with people paying with FCC's, they don't get much new cash. Add in the number of passengers angry because they cannot use their FCC by that date and it would not be good for Celebrity. It seems to me that further extending the date is the best move. I agree with OP.

• 3 weeks later...

I just did an online booking for a November 2022 cruise and applied an FCC as deposit and it went through as if accepted.  I since realize my FCC sail by is September 2022 mentioned here; an 'auto' email for my booking says being processed so I expect them to be reach out for money saying the FCC cannot be used.  I will respond by cancelling the reservation as I am not committed enough to put money down on anything right now.

😞

46 minutes ago, poffles said:

I just did an online booking for a November 2022 cruise and applied an FCC as deposit and it went through as if accepted.  I since realize my FCC sail by is September 2022 mentioned here; an 'auto' email for my booking says being processed so I expect them to be reach out for money saying the FCC cannot be used.  I will respond by cancelling the reservation as I am not committed enough to put money down on anything right now.

😞

Please reply back and let us know if your FCC is indeed accepted.  

9 minutes ago, kebrown said:

Will do .. it says within 48 hours so won't take long to hear.  I am pretty sure what I will hear 🙂  and the reservation is definitely in a limbo state as I did not get any official reservation statement but did get a booking number.  Stay tuned.

In the response email:

"Your booking has been completed and we are processing your cruise credit code(s). We will confirm with you in 48 hours.

We look forward to seeing you onboard.
"

Edited by poffles

3 hours ago, kebrown said:

As expected could not be processed.  Error blah blah sail date is past blah blah.  Oh well nothing ventured ...

Oh and it doesn't even present that they want a deposit, just a sorry email.