Here's what I think MSC may be doing with these NAR bookings

Stockjock

FYI my "NAR" booking was just changed a while ago. It now shows our correct dates and itinerary.

The site shows some inconsistencies, for example it says MSC Virtuosa on the Web Check-in, but if I click on the link that shows My Cruises, it shows the MSC Seaview (which is the correct one). It also shows us a having a Guaranteed Cabin (Yacht Club inside, BTW) as opposed to an actual cabin number. So things are progressing!

image.thumb.png.886a5b59e60f457e62491476a2256dc3.png

On 4/21/2021 at 2:34 AM, DCGuy64 said:

FYI my "NAR" booking was just changed a while ago. It now shows our correct dates and itinerary.

The site shows some inconsistencies, for example it says MSC Virtuosa on the Web Check-in, but if I click on the link that shows My Cruises, it shows the MSC Seaview (which is the correct one). It also shows us a having a Guaranteed Cabin (Yacht Club inside, BTW) as opposed to an actual cabin number. So things are progressing!

image.thumb.png.886a5b59e60f457e62491476a2256dc3.png

My Splendida cruises in Sept are still marked NAR.

The MSC rep I called still doesn't know what NAR means & said that my TA will get an email when its sorted out.

My TA also confirmed that right now the NAR cruises are locked, so no change or cancellation is possible.

How was your Costa Diadema cruise in 2016? We are planning to sail on Diadema later this year.

Edited by drsel

My TA just replied --(they usually reply in 30 mins, rarely the next day)--

''I don't believe the May dates are correct. No cruises will be able to sail that itinerary this early.

They must have put those dates in as a place holder while they are working on the booking.

MSC has advised that we must wait until they send us the email notification with the updated info and the options for guests, and until that time, we are unable to make any changes and they are unable to give us additional info, as it's still being revised.

As soon as we hear anything, we will be in touch.''

Edited by drsel
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, drsel said:

My Splendida cruises in Sept are still marked NAR.

The MSC rep I called still doesn't know what NAR means & said that my TA will get an email when its sorted out.

My TA also confirmed that right now the NAR cruises are locked, so no change or cancellation is possible.

How was your Costa Diadema cruise in 2016? We are planning to sail on Diadema later this year.

When is your cruise? I looked through your previous posts in this thread and don't see it. Ours isn't until the end of August so we have more than 4 months to go. I would think they'd get everything fixed by the time you go.

We liked the Diadema very much, it was a beautiful ship and we had a wonderful time. I love Italian food, wine, and coffee so I was in heaven. My wife loves gelato, so she was, too! The pizza was phenomenal. My only criticism was that the food in the main dining room wasn't as good as our first Costa cruise in 2012. Some of the dishes were made from frozen, and we had issues with wait staff who weren't very attentive. Also, I would not book a balcony cabin again in February in the Mediterranean. Way too cold! If I had it to go over again, I would have booked an Inside or OV and used the money saved on excursions. But overall it was a fantastic trip.

22 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

When is your cruise? I looked through your previous posts in this thread and don't see it. Ours isn't until the end of August so we have more than 4 months to go. I would think they'd get everything fixed by the time you go.

We liked the Diadema very much, it was a beautiful ship and we had a wonderful time. I love Italian food, wine, and coffee so I was in heaven. My wife loves gelato, so she was, too! The pizza was phenomenal. My only criticism was that the food in the main dining room wasn't as good as our first Costa cruise in 2012. Some of the dishes were made from frozen, and we had issues with wait staff who weren't very attentive. Also, I would not book a balcony cabin again in February in the Mediterranean. Way too cold! If I had it to go over again, I would have booked an Inside or OV and used the money saved on excursions. But overall it was a fantastic trip.

Our MSc Splendida Cruises in September have been cancelled., marked NAR and shifted to May 2021

Regarding Costa, I heard that the Diadema is their best ship, even better than Smeralda.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, drsel said:

Our MSc Splendida Cruises in September have been cancelled., marked NAR and shifted to May 2021

I wouldn't worry too much about the NAR shift to May, are the Splendida cruises being substituted by another ship? I would think with their planned deployment of 10 ships this summer, they'll have you covered. We will be automatically assigned a cabin in the same class (Yacht Club interior) onboard the new ship. I would imagine the same applying for you.

9 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

I wouldn't worry too much about the NAR shift to May, are the Splendida cruises being substituted by another ship? I would think with their planned deployment of 10 ships this summer, they'll have you covered. We will be automatically assigned a cabin in the same class (Yacht Club interior) onboard the new ship. I would imagine the same applying for you.

As of now there is no substitition for these unique itineraries to the Norwegian fjords and the Baltics with St. Petersburg

MSC sent me a booking confirmation yesterday, they've updated the ship name to Seaview and the cabin number says "Booked," on their website it shows "Guaranteed," so things are looking good for our August 29 sailing.

4 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

MSC sent me a booking confirmation yesterday, they've updated the ship name to Seaview and the cabin number says "Booked," on their website it shows "Guaranteed," so things are looking good for our August 29 sailing.

My 2nd September and 12th September 2021 Splendida Cruises were shifted to 2nd May 2021.

They are still locked & marked NAR, no action required.

Neither I, nor my travel agent can access or modify or cancel these bookings.

No email or any kind of intimation from MSc whatsoever

Edited by drsel

21 minutes ago, drsel said:

My 2nd September and 12th September 2021 Splendida Cruises were shifted to 2nd May 2021.

Best of luck, I hope it all works out. Odd that even your TA can't access it, mine can and hasn't had any issues. Have you checked to see where the Splendida is currently? 99% chance the 2 May date is not real, our booking had us going on 28 April as of 2 weeks ago but MSC updated it to the correct one. Let us know what happens on the 2nd.

Again, best of luck, I hope you get to go on your cruises!

26 minutes ago, drsel said:

BTW I just took a look at the MSC website, and I don't see those cruises on there at all, but I *do* see cruises before and after then. There's a gap between July 20 and September 21 for some reason.

Miracle of all miracles, I got a call from MSC today.

I have a 10 night Magnifica October 2021 cruise that's been labelled NAR and shifted to a 2-day in May.  This occurred weeks ago.

I also have an 11 night Magnifica 2021 cruise that's been labelled LAY, changed to a different date in early November to a 5 night going to the Suez Canal.  This occurred several days ago.

The short of it is that they are offering $200 ship board credit to any cruise that you move the booking to of 7 nights or more and $100 for less than 7 days.  However, there are only 3 agents who have the ability to do this, not even supervisors.

With respect to the November 11 night, there is an 11 night that leaves the next day from the same port, but they won't do a thing on pricing, which is annoying since moving to that sailing seems like a no-brainer.  And it comes out to be over $1,000 more without drinks (we have drinks), so that's not a good option.  I couldn't find a suitable replacement on short notice.

In terms of the October 10 night shifted to the May NAR 2 night, they have no information on what's going on.

At least I got a call, but the whole situation is still pretty disorganized.

Edited by Stockjock

18 hours ago, Stockjock said:

Miracle of all miracles, I got a call from MSC today.

I have a 10 night Magnifica October 2021 cruise that's been labelled NAR and shifted to a 2-day in May.  This occurred weeks ago.

I also have an 11 night Magnifica 2021 cruise that's been labelled LAY, changed to a different date in early November to a 5 night going to the Suez Canal.  This occurred several days ago.

The short of it is that they are offering $200 ship board credit to any cruise that you move the booking to of 7 nights or more and $100 for less than 7 days.  However, there are only 3 agents who have the ability to do this, not even supervisors.

With respect to the November 11 night, there is an 11 night that leaves the next day from the same port, but they won't do a thing on pricing, which is annoying since moving to that sailing seems like a no-brainer.  And it comes out to be over $1,000 more without drinks (we have drinks), so that's not a good option.  I couldn't find a suitable replacement on short notice.

In terms of the October 10 night shifted to the May NAR 2 night, they have no information on what's going on.

At least I got a call, but the whole situation is still pretty disorganized.

It's nice to hear that they are offering 200 euros onboard credit to shift your deposit to another Cruise of 7 nights or longer.

Do you have to book a new Cruise or you can shift the deposit and OBC to another existing booking, made earlier.?

A decision about your October Cruise will come up in time.

until then you just have to wait.

Edited by drsel