Carnival Cruises..... are there perks?

mamasann

11 hours ago, jimd909 said:

Curious if you can order from the main dining room when sailing in a suite? Or is it just the limited room service dining menu?

Thanks...

Edited by mondello
iPad not keying right

On 4/14/2021 at 1:47 PM, mamasann said:

We always cruise Royal. but was looking at Carnival and saw they have grande suites and there are perks included.  But I can't find what those perks are?  Does anybody know?  And if they are, how do they stack up to Royal's?   Royal is a good bit more $$ for the suite, but we know what perks are offered and love them. That's why we're in a suite on the  Allure in February.   I always had the impression Carnival was like the  Walmart of the cruise industry, but the whole suites & perks thing got my attention.  Any input folks?

The short answer is, no sorry.

We did our first Carnival sailing in 19 on Horizon in the Havana area and loved it. The Havana on Horizon and Vista is a great suite compromise. You get the private (uncrowded) pool, sun deck and bar area. Definitely worth looking into if you want something new. 

It was a great change from Royal. We look forward to doing Mardi Gras in a excel class suite after we know for 100% sure how that will all work out. That is the first ship with true suite perks like other lines offer. 

On 4/16/2021 at 10:00 PM, BlerkOne said:

As for airlines, many in first class/biz class are corporate travelers exercising their perks with the cost being passed along to consumers. Airlines love last minute travelers. Whenever airlines go bankrupt they always manage to preserve loyalty miles and points. Got to keep the biz people happy. Probably government people in there, too.

Bold my emphasis.

I work with a lot of US Gov't folks in my job, and (used to) travel a lot with them.

We all fly cattle class, even long flights to Europe.  If you want the more-leg-room seat, you personally pay the upgrade.

I think the only time business class is authorized is for flights with total flight time over 10 or 12 hours.  I'd have to check the travel regs (FTRs).  Ah, here it is, and it is 14 hours, and you are required to report for duty the next day.  So if it is cheaper to buy a night/day stay in a hotel than pay the upgrade to business class, you fly cattle class even to Australia:

https://www.gsa.gov/policy-regulations/regulations/federal-travel-regulation-ftr/i1206091

There are a list of exceptions here:

§301-10.123 - When may I use other than coach-class airline accommodations?

But this is the meat of it for the vast majority of cases:

§301-10.125 - When may I use the 14-hour rule to travel other than coach-class (see §301-10.123(b)(6))?

(a) You may use the 14-hour rule to travel via other than coach-class when:

(1) The origin and/or destination are OCONUS; and

(2) The scheduled flight time, including non-overnight stopovers and change of planes, is in excess of 14 hours; and

(3) You are required to report to duty the following day or sooner.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jimd909 said:

Curious if you can order from the main dining room when sailing in a suite? Or is it just the limited room service dining menu?

Thanks...

Just the 24 hour room service menu is delivered to your suite. You can book Early or Late seating in the MDR for your cruise. Also, you can choose  Your Time Dining and go between 5:30-9:00.

• Like 1

I meant to add to my reply above for some content actually relevant to the thread, sorry.

So: I know that the different lines offer a variety of perks.  But we find that we just want the most convenient combo of departure port (our local one), sail date, itinerary, and cost.  And so far Carnival has been our down select each time.  It helps we've always had a great time on our cruises.

So while we might consider the perks associated with a suite, we know that what we enjoy most is the rest of the ship, as long as we have a balcony (preferably an aft balcony).

Though the Havana area (but not on Mardi Gras) might be something we try eventually.

Maybe later in life when we slow down (if ever), the perks associated with suites or otherwise might be a factor.  But right now the biggest perk is seeing that big ol' whale tail of a funnel.

• 3 weeks later...

So returning to the OP's original question, is the copied/pasted response below indeed the complete list of perks that accompany purchase of a suite on Carnival?

Nothing Awesome really except for Priority check in. Priority check-in, embarkation & debarkation. Priority dinner reservations & main dining room time assignment. Two complimentary large bottles of water. Pillow-top mattresses. Bathrobes.

And the Havana section, of course on the 3 Vista Class ships for Grand Suites. 

Regarding the two bottles of water, is this a one time thing per cruise?

1 hour ago, Bgwest said:

So returning to the OP's original question, is the copied/pasted response below indeed the complete list of perks that accompany purchase of a suite on Carnival?

Nothing Awesome really except for Priority check in. Priority check-in, embarkation & debarkation. Priority dinner reservations & main dining room time assignment. Two complimentary large bottles of water. Pillow-top mattresses. Bathrobes.

And the Havana section, of course on the 3 Vista Class ships for Grand Suites. 

Regarding the two bottles of water, is this a one time thing per cruise?

Mardi gras gets bubbles as a perk.