Flights to Rotterdam from Canada

Dismomx5

On 4/22/2021 at 12:51 AM, Sue from Canada said:

I've flown twice from Ottawa to catch a cruise out of Rotterdam.  Note:  There are no North American flights to Rotterdam as this airport is for flights within Europe.

The 2X I've flown to Amsterdam I used Iceland Air via Reykjavik.  They have good prices and I booked Saga class.  I did book hotel and transfer with HAL.  Loved the Hilton Rotterdam and very close to city trams and a tourist tram.  Like others have said you could take the train from Amsterdam to Rotterdam IF you can handle your luggage (I could not).  A taxi would be expensive but you could prebook a transfer.

Did exactly the same a couple years back. Iceland Air Saga class from Montreal to Amsterdam, then stay at Hilton Rotterdam. Iceland Air lets you pre-select a meal over the Internet. I did just that and then realized  as we climbed out of Reykjavik that they just delivered a full lamb chops meal while everyone else has breakfast. Oops.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Cruise4food said:

Did exactly the same a couple years back. Iceland Air Saga class from Montreal to Amsterdam, then stay at Hilton Rotterdam. Iceland Air lets you pre-select a meal over the Internet. I did just that and then realized  as we climbed out of Reykjavik that they just delivered a full lamb chops meal while everyone else has breakfast. Oops.

Iceland Air has really decent meals in Saga Class. I also pre-selected my dinner meal as I love fish and I got a trio of fish.  Their skyr (yogurt) is also good at breadfast.  I hope the airport in Reykjavik has improved as two years ago it was too small for the massive increase in passengers.

19 hours ago, Sue from Canada said:

I hope the airport in Reykjavik has improved as two years ago it was too small for the massive increase in passengers.

When I was there, around the same time, it was definitely overtaxed, with no place to sit while waiting to board flights, and half the aircraft boarding from airstairs rather than jetways. However, the direct cause of that is Icelandair's scheduling, with all flights from North America arriving close to the same time and all flights to Europe departing close to the same time, same in the other direction. This maximizes the opportunities for connections, but makes boarding, deplaning, ATC, and baggage claim a dog's breakfast. I know about baggage claim because I was connecting to Atlantic Airways, the national airline of the Faroe Islands, at RKV, the downtown airport that is primarily domestic flights.

• Like 1