Seabourn Announces Further Cancellations on Two Ships in Europe

zelker

Announced yesterday.  If Seabourn doesn’t have approval and had to cancel, can HAL and other lines that were scheduled to sail in the same areas during the same period be far behind?  🙁

image.jpeg.3a70b206fe57e6b0fadb4a5c5c258ff6.jpeg

Edited by zelker
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Interesting news. But not really surprising.

The itineraries being canceled are the old ones that have been on the books for a while and not the new 7-day itineraries planned out of Athens on the Ovation...

I expect other lines to do (or continue doing) this in the next month as it seems clear that certain countries are not going to allow cruise ships sailing longer itineraries and to various countries, at least for now.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, zelker said:

If Seabourn doesn’t have approval and had to cancel, can HAL and other lines that were scheduled to sail in the same areas during the same period be far behind?

I would imagine the rules would remain the same for all cruise lines that apply to dock/tender at any given port of call, the only divergent from policies, would be the individual cruise line policy as to who is allowed to board and sail.

3 minutes ago, rucrazy said:

I would imagine the rules would remain the same for all cruise lines that apply to dock/tender at any given port of call, the only divergent from policies, would be the individual cruise line policy as to who is allowed to board and sail.

So HAL could still run Europe cruises this summer if they limited them to EU residents or Schengen residents? Perhaps, they could fill the Amsterdam cruises with Europeans.

6 minutes ago, ChinaShrek said:

So HAL could still run Europe cruises this summer

I feel that any cruise line could sail as long as they were willing to adhere to the rules and regulations of the itinerary. That said up to now "most" lines are bulking at the regulations because even for a short period of time it would eat into the P/L.. it appears they would rather lose all revenue than to make  customer base happy by returning to business, meaning by doing what they need to do to unlock the doors... of course this is only my opinion.

Edited by rucrazy
  • Like 1