Latest CDC Update - No Simulation Voyages

Syracusefan44

4 minutes ago, voljeep said:

wanna bet which starts cruises first, CA or FL

let's see WDW open since last summer ... Disneyland opened this week ?

Disney sails from Port Canaveral ... follow the money, always follow the money 🤑

So is Disney not going to require proof of vaccination and have to run simulated cruises first or is DeSanis going to fold ?  I am betting that the governor walks his no proof mandate back 

25 minutes ago, HappyInVan said:

But, what about the deaths and hospitalizations? Would you bring un-vaccinated children to Florida?

The important issue for cruisers is this... When will CCL cave?

of course - OUR GRANDKIDS !!! - they stayed at DISNEY for 3 , we visited them at EPCOT, Animal Kingdom, then a trip to Disney Springs

so, yeah ...

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, memoak said:

So is Disney not going to require proof of vaccination and have to run simulated cruises first or is DeSanis going to fold ?  I am betting that the governor walks his no proof mandate back 

of course he will - it's Flor-i-duh, right ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I may have missed it somewhere, but does anyone have an educated guess if Princess will opt to bypass the Phase 2B simulated cruises by conforming to the CDC 95%/98% vaccination rule on their Phase 4 restricted cruises? If so, which Princess ship looks like it has the best chance to be chosen to do the first restricted cruises and out of which port? 

Edited by Ken the cruiser

16 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I may have missed it somewhere, but does anyone have an educated guess if Princess will opt to bypass the Phase 2B simulated cruises by conforming to the CDC 95%/98% vaccination rule on their Phase 4 restricted cruises? If so, which Princess ship looks like it has the best chance to be chosen to do the first restricted cruises and out of which port? 

the CB out of PE to PC

3 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

OK, I got the CB (Caribbean Princess) and PE (Port Everglades), but what is PC?

3 hours ago, voljeep said:

Princess Cay

I think PC means Port Canaveral where the crew can get vaccinated.

34 minutes ago, beg3yrs said:

I think PC means Port Canaveral where the crew can get vaccinated.

The crew of ships going out of Port Everglades (Ft Lauderdale) can probably also get their vaccine over at PortMiami as the two ports are only 32 miles away

• Like 1

On 4/30/2021 at 10:29 AM, caribill said:

The liquor laws also apply to cruising out of Galveston which has not prevented that port from being the 4th busiest home cruise port in North America.

But a big reason for Princess (and NCL) leaving Houston is that every cruise from Houston and Galveston for 7 days or less went to the same limited number of ports accessible in that time frame. Too much competition for too few itineraries led to very low pricing and thus very low profit potential.

In addition, both Princess and NCL had to be "bribed" to come to Houston to utilize the "if it is built it, they will come" cruise terminal that nobody came to. Besides cash payments to come to Houston, fees were waved and the cruise companies shared in parking lot revenue. When the contracts to come to Houston expired, the two cruise companies left.

True but 4th largest doesn't mean much The reason those lines completley pulled still stands

DeSantis continued his ridiculous argument today that he won’t let cruise ships mandate a proof of vaccine if they sail out of Florida because it violates his executive order. 

I hope all the cruise lines call his bluff and move ships to Puerto Rico, Charleston, and Galveston for the Caribbean cruise season.

I am glad to see NCL is willing to pull ships out of Florida and I hope Royal Caribbean and Carnival Corporation come out with similar statements to send a message to DeSantis.

The world’s third largest cruise company is prepared to pull its ships from Florida in the coming months if it has to comply with the state’s new law against vaccine mandates.

Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings president and CEO Frank Del Rio on Thursday suggested the company’s three brands — Norwegian Cruise Line, Oceania Cruises and Regent Seven Seas Cruises — would move their Florida-based vessels to home ports in other states or even to non-U.S. ports in the Caribbean if they were forced to comply with the new rule.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Syracusefan44 said:

DeSantis continued his ridiculous argument today that he won’t let cruise ships mandate a proof of vaccine if they sail out of Florida because it violates his executive order. 

I hope all the cruise lines call his bluff and move ships to Puerto Rico, Charleston, and Galveston for the Caribbean cruise season.

I am glad to see NCL is willing to pull ships out of Florida and I hope Royal Caribbean and Carnival Corporation come out with similar statements to send a message to DeSantis.

The world’s third largest cruise company is prepared to pull its ships from Florida in the coming months if it has to comply with the state’s new law against vaccine mandates.

Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings president and CEO Frank Del Rio on Thursday suggested the company’s three brands — Norwegian Cruise Line, Oceania Cruises and Regent Seven Seas Cruises — would move their Florida-based vessels to home ports in other states or even to non-U.S. ports in the Caribbean if they were forced to comply with the new rule.

How could they possibly do that???? Most ports don;t have the infrastructure to handle these ships.

Also I posted a solution to the whole problem weeks ago for the cruise lines to be able to by pass DeSantis stuff and it is simple for the lines and the cruisers

Kathy

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Syracusefan44 said:

This is an Apr 13th article. Do you have a link to a current article you saw today?

10 minutes ago, Syracusefan44 said:

Here is a copy of the article from The Points Guy.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/norwegian-could-pull-ships-from-florida/

I was actually referring to the link I thought you provided talking about the “New Law Against Vaccine Mandates” referencing what you noted your first paragraph.

DeSantis continued his ridiculous argument today that he won’t let cruise ships mandate a proof of vaccine if theysail out of Florida because it violates his executive order.

35 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I was actually referring to the link I thought you provided talking about the “New Law Against Vaccine Mandates” referencing what you noted your first paragraph.

DeSantis continued his ridiculous argument today that he won’t let cruise ships mandate a proof of vaccine if theysail out of Florida because it violates his executive order.

Sorry about the confusion.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/florida-covid-vaccine-cruise-mandate-order/

37 minutes ago, Syracusefan44 said:

That’s ok. But that’s the Apr 13th article which was before the CDC came out with their last 2 major CSO modifications. No big deal as we’re still hoping we’ll be on the Edge in the later part of July. 

Edited by Ken the cruiser