FlightEase won't allow return flight

kwb101

For our 2022 South America Grand Voyage, we booked a flight to Buenos Aires, but left the return trip from Fort Lauderdale open (we weren't sure of our plans).

Today, when I went to book that return flight, the FlightEase web site said "Your current air booking excludes flights to your home city" and the controls aren't available.

Does anyone know why this is so? I don't recall seeing any such restriction when I booked the outbound flight. Thanks!

2 minutes ago, kwb101 said:

For our 2022 South America Grand Voyage, we booked a flight to Buenos Aires, but left the return trip from Fort Lauderdale open (we weren't sure of our plans).

Today, when I went to book that return flight, the FlightEase web site said "Your current air booking excludes flights to your home city" and the controls aren't available.

Does anyone know why this is so? I don't recall seeing any such restriction when I booked the outbound flight. Thanks!

Was your outbound flight from Sacramento to BA through FLL?  Have you called FlightEase?

Is the return date you are looking for more than 330 days away? If it is less than you will need to speak direct to Holland America Air department. The problem with jumping in and booking one way air when it first becomes available is that often they cannot add a second one way air for return and the air department needs to do something. 

If you are less than 330 days then call HAL Air Department.

I did the same thing once (only booked outbound flight/not return) and then when I wanted to go back to Flight Ease it wouldn't let me book anything.  NOT SURE WHICH, but either I had to call Flight Ease or my Travel Agent had to call to get the return flight booked.  A little flaw in the system!

19 hours ago, Tampa Girl said:

Was your outbound flight from Sacramento to BA through FLL?  Have you called FlightEase?

No: SMF > DFW > EZE.

19 hours ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

Is the return date you are looking for more than 330 days away?

No, but almost: 326 days today (May 5).

Thanks everyone for the thoughts and info: I'll call HAL today.

The flight ease/ez-air web based platform is encoded so that once you book flights for an individual guest you cannot add additional segments/legs to the journey online. If you want to self manage online you either have to cancel the originally held flights and rebook at current prices as a round trip, open jaw or multiple segments. I’m sure this has to do with airline contracts and “fare buckets/classes”.

As others have said calling them usually a better solution as the air agents have more flexibility than the website allows.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

The flight ease/ez-air web based platform is encoded so that once you book flights for an individual guest you cannot add additional segments/legs to the journey online. If you want to self manage online you either have to cancel the originally held flights and rebook at current prices as a round trip, open jaw or multiple segments. I’m sure this has to do with airline contracts and “fare buckets/classes”.

As others have said calling them usually a better solution as the air agents have more flexibility than the website allows.

Thanks for the info, and exactly right! The nice lady in the air department took care of booking us from Miami > Orlando (family for a week) > Sacramento. As I've seen in other Flight Ease threads, the price was no lower than the three-identical-letter travel agency has, but it does have the advantage of not having to be paid until the final payment date.

Thanks again to you all for your thoughts and information. i'm glad it had a happy ending.

• Like 2