Free at Sea drinks package gratuities

Nickygy18

My invoice shows the beverage package service charges are included in the add on section, does this mean I won't need to pay the 20% gratuity charge that I have read about on lots of review sites?

Screenshot_20210504-224013_Word.jpg

You will pay the 20% as part of your total cruise fare, but then you're good to go, unless you order something over the $15 per drink limit. Then, you'll be charged for the difference over and above $15, plus 20% of the difference. (For your convenience)

Sid is correct if the OP's booking is an NCL U.S. booking, but it appears from the screen shot that this may be a UK booking.  The Terms & Conditions of the package offerings are different for UK bookings.  It appears that the 20% Beverage Package gratuities are not an additional cost as it once use to be for U.S. bookings. 

even if the gratuities are already factored into your fare, it wont hurt to leave your bartender a couple of bucks after being served. they get to know you andyour service gets better, 

we also leave the waiters and waitresses about 15% onwhat the bill would have been, even if we are eating at a specialty restaurant on the dining package, and even if we're eating in the mdr. these people bust their butts, and get paid didley. 

for the money we're all spending on a cruise, a few extra dollars shouldnt hurt your budget.                                                                                                          

• Like 2

8 hours ago, cmego2 said:

Sid is correct if the OP's booking is an NCL U.S. booking, but it appears from the screen shot that this may be a UK booking.  The Terms & Conditions of the package offerings are different for UK bookings.  It appears that the 20% Beverage Package gratuities are not an additional cost as it once use to be for U.S. bookings. 

Hi, it is a UK booking. It is all very confusing as I read everywhere about the 20% gears that will be on the bill at checkout on ship however my invoice says these are included.

1 hour ago, Trimone said:

That’s correct Nicky, you need not pay anymore everything is included, don’t get fooled with the additional tips you’ve paid in full.

Thank you so much! 😁

4 minutes ago, Nickygy18 said:

Hi, it is a UK booking. It is all very confusing as I read everywhere about the 20% gears that will be on the bill at checkout on ship however my invoice says these are included.

When on cruisecritic always remember that the majority of users are from the US, so what is posted is not necessarily the case for us.

This is a prime example. We don’t pay the gratuity on the free at sea offers. However, in order to be able to select the offers you paid an additional fixed amount.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KeithJenner said:

When on cruisecritic always remember that the majority of users are from the US, so what is posted is not necessarily the case for us.

This is a prime example. We don’t pay the gratuity on the free at sea offers. However, in order to be able to select the offers you paid an additional fixed amount.

Thank you! Learn something new everyday 😁

• Like 2

True, in the UK/Europe you cannot give something away and then charge gratuity on top.

I assume you paid the £99 upgrade??? Then that is it, no more money.

The only thing extra is the daily gratuity fee, if you pay it with your booking it will be in GBP.

The rules for the US are completely different. It's a bit likes sales tax, what we see priced in a shop is what we pay at the till.

I did not see the gratuity added from the 1st time we sailed with NCL.  I was annoyed when I saw them when making a 2nd booking.  However, I understand why they are there.  The bar/wait staff but their collective rears to provide service to the passengers.

The one thing I like about NCL's pricing is that I know what my cost is upfront, and I do not have to stay on top of sales to get a cheaper drink package.  Book the cruise and start looking at excursions I want to book.  

• Like 1