Voyager Penthouse C

Babr

I tried the suite guru, but it did not answer my question.

I was looking at the Voyager Penthouse C category on the Regent website. The suite is described as being 306 sq ft, but the balconies range from 80 to 137 sq ft. From looking at the deck plan, it appears that the suites across the center would have 80 sq ft balconies.

Where are the ones with the 137 sq ft balconies?  I would guess that they would be on the corners, but the deck plans do not show that.

I did find a review for 1055, which is an aft corner Penthouse C on Deck 10. It is reported to have a large wrap-around veranda even though it does not show on the deck plans.

Do the other aft corners on Deck 8 also have the wrap-around verandas?

23 minutes ago, Babr said:

I did find a review for 1055, which is an aft corner Penthouse C on Deck 10. It is reported to have a large wrap-around veranda even though it does not show on the deck plans.

Do the other aft corners on Deck 8 also have the wrap-around verandas?

We hope the following from a luxury cruise website will help:  

"Most (Voyager) Penthouse Suites share a unique floor plan, however those located at the back of the cruise ship have the same floor plan as the more common Concierge Suite. There are pros and cons with each.  Those at the back of the ship (category C) are smaller, but have a double-sized veranda. While the other Penthouse Suites (categories A and B) have a slightly larger internal space and unique floor plan, but a standard-sized veranda."

As far as we can see, the aft corner suites are not Penthouse C category.   

As to deck 10, do remember that La Veranda is located directly above the Penthouse C suites on deck 10, and that may be noisy.  Do check with your TA or Regent to make sure on all of this though, but it is food for thought.

10 minutes ago, bccolaman said:

This shows the balcony size of the aft suites.

4A179167-EF05-4F04-94B8-77BADB5C32C2.png

Thank you.

It does appear that all the corner suites have wrap-around balconies, even the ones classified as C category on decks 8 and 10.  The deck plans show only a white area unlike the balcony configuration depicted for the larger corner suites on Decks 6, 7, and 9.

31 minutes ago, Silver Sweethearts said:

We hope the following from a luxury cruise website will help:  

"Most (Voyager) Penthouse Suites share a unique floor plan, however those located at the back of the cruise ship have the same floor plan as the more common Concierge Suite. There are pros and cons with each.  Those at the back of the ship (category C) are smaller, but have a double-sized veranda. While the other Penthouse Suites (categories A and B) have a slightly larger internal space and unique floor plan, but a standard-sized veranda."

As far as we can see, the aft corner suites are not Penthouse C category.   

As to deck 10, do remember that La Veranda is located directly above the Penthouse C suites on deck 10, and that may be noisy.  Do check with your TA or Regent to make sure on all of this though, but it is food for thought.

Thank you.

I found this information earlier. It doesn’t really account for the large variation in balcony size indicated for Penthouse C on the Regent website. The ones in the middle on Decks 8 and 10 are probably the 80 sq ft ones. The ones on the ends (corners) are probably 137 sq ft even though the deck plan does not show that. 

Indeed, the corner aft on Decks 6, 7, and 9 are not C category.

36 minutes ago, Babr said:

The deck plans show only a white area unlike the balcony configuration depicted for the larger corner suites on Decks 6, 7, and 9.

As you may know, white areas in the deck plans are usually for access by crew only.  The aft decks all seem to have (crew only) stairwells.

8 hours ago, Silver Sweethearts said:

As you may know, white areas in the deck plans are usually for access by crew only.  The aft decks all seem to have (crew only) stairwells.

Yes. That is why I am confused about what the Regent representative told me. It doesn’t match the deck plan, yet the actual photo shows big balconies on all the corners.

Mostly, I am just curious. Additional interior space may be more appealing.

2 hours ago, Babr said:

Yes. That is why I am confused about what the Regent representative told me. It doesn’t match the deck plan, yet the actual photo shows big balconies on all the corners.

Mostly, I am just curious. Additional interior space may be more appealing.

Hallo,

We have just booked suite 1055 on the Voyager, I did some research before booking and was convinced it had a wrap around balcony however, our TA tells me it does not. If you look at the the deck plan it shows to recliners on there however, it looks totally separate to the balcony. 

14 minutes ago, fudge said:

Hallo,

We have just booked suite 1055 on the Voyager, I did some research before booking and was convinced it had a wrap around balcony however, our TA tells me it does not. If you look at the the deck plan it shows to recliners on there however, it looks totally separate to the balcony. 

I’m not sure what you mean by recliners in a separate space. The white area on the deck plan indicates crew only space. That symbol means it is a staircase, probably accessed by the hallway in front of the cabins. It is interior so those corner suites could easily have large balconies. In fact, the photo in post #4 shows large balconies for all those aft corner cabins on every deck.

Did you find the review of 1055 in the suite guru at the top of this forum? Your cabin is the only corner C to be reviewed. The comments confirm that 1055 has a wrap-around balcony even though the interior is the same as the Concierge Suite - 306 sq ft.

In addition, the Regent rep to whom I spoke told me that those suites had the wrap around. I was not looking at the deck plan at the time so I thought I misunderstood and asked the question here.

48 minutes ago, Babr said:

I’m not sure what you mean by recliners in a separate space. The white area on the deck plan indicates crew only space. That symbol means it is a staircase, probably accessed by the hallway in front of the cabins. It is interior so those corner suites could easily have large balconies. In fact, the photo in post #4 shows large balconies for all those aft corner cabins on every deck.

Did you find the review of 1055 in the suite guru at the top of this forum? Your cabin is the only corner C to be reviewed. The comments confirm that 1055 has a wrap-around balcony even though the interior is the same as the Concierge Suite - 306 sq ft.

In addition, the Regent rep to whom I spoke told me that those suites had the wrap around. I was not looking at the deck plan at the time so I thought I misunderstood and asked the question here.

Hi,

You are right, my apologies, when I looked at the deck plan I wrongly thought they were recliners, they are in fact a staircase. Thinking about it why would they have recliners there?

I did look at the suite guru and booked the suite based on that review. I just looked at the deck plan again its not clear at all where the balcony ends although on the photo it does indeed look like it wraps around. My Ta must be mistaken, she is convinced its not a wrap around, will be very pleased if it is.

10 minutes ago, fudge said:

Hi,

You are right, my apologies, when I looked at the deck plan I wrongly thought they were recliners, they are in fact a staircase. Thinking about it why would they have recliners there?

I did look at the suite guru and booked the suite based on that review. I just looked at the deck plan again its not clear at all where the balcony ends although on the photo it does indeed look like it wraps around. My Ta must be mistaken, she is convinced its not a wrap around, will be very pleased if it is.

I think you’ll be pleased.  Let us know.

9 hours ago, Silver Sweethearts said:

As mentioned before, do realize that 1055 is under La Veranda and noise from the restaurant may be a problem.

Thank you, yes we did know about the possible noise however, the reviews I have read have said they did not encounter any problems, we shall see.

• Like 1

We really loved the layout of the Penthouse B suite on Voyager. It has a smaller balcony, but still had plenty of room to relax. It has a great desk area in the bedroom that looks out on the water. My husband spends a lot of time at the desk,  even when on vacation. I had the seating area inside to myself for reading and watching TV. And it had a nice table for dining. It felt like a very roomy suite, rather than a long narrow space. We spent over a month onboard, and never felt like the space was too small.

• Like 2

On 5/8/2021 at 7:24 PM, SWFLAOK said:

We really loved the layout of the Penthouse B suite on Voyager. It has a smaller balcony, but still had plenty of room to relax. It has a great desk area in the bedroom that looks out on the water. My husband spends a lot of time at the desk,  even when on vacation. I had the seating area inside to myself for reading and watching TV. And it had a nice table for dining. It felt like a very roomy suite, rather than a long narrow space. We spent over a month onboard, and never felt like the space was too small.

I agree.  We've only had one once, for a couple of weeks, but loved it.  The square footage is not too much bigger than a standards suite, but the shape is quite different and the layout wonderful.

If you are looking for a larger balcony,  not a larger suite, then the Penthouse C suites at the end of the respective corridors are the ticket.   Agreed that a room under the Veranda isn’t ideal.  Other decks, apologies didn’t look it up, but I think deck 8 works well.  

• 5 months later...
On 5/7/2021 at 1:14 PM, Silver Sweethearts said:

Yes the aft suites on Deck 10 are Penthouse C. Even though the deck plan shows it as white space the corner suites (1055 & 1060) have large wrap around balconies as can be seen in the photo above.