"Suitcase essentials for your luxury cruise."

alfredo1

One very positive sign for Azamara is the is the hugely reworked website, offering much more information in a modern format. One section is labelled as per this topic which contains the following information. 

Here's hoping that the new owners are not misreading what makes Azamara different from other lines and produces such a large and loyal following over many years.

One thing that you might want to make sure is in your luxury cruise suitcase is some formal evening attire. Often – as with Azamara – there aren’t scheduled formal nights, but you should certainly feel welcome to dress your best when dining or going for a drink aboard. So, blazers, suits, and dresses will all be good inclusions.

Unlike other lines, Azamara does not have a strict dress code and Isabella from World of Cruising – a publication all about cruising - spoke to us about her suggestions for what to pack: “A luxury cruise is the chance to dress up. Most luxury sailings will have some sort of formal night, and that can be combined with other themed nights, too. Azamara has a white-themed party, so it’s worth packing something stylish and white.

“Men should make sure they pack at least one dinner jacket and/or a tuxedo, and women should bring something suitable for a formal evening. This doesn't have to be a black-tie gown and could be an elegant trouser suit, jumpsuit or cocktail dress.”

As an over packer, I've learned to leave the suit home! The blazer comes, along with 1 tie. One, not two. My business casual usually include two extra pairs of trousers that never get worn. Along with one or two more long sleeved shirts than I actually need. The only time I've ever been embarrassed was when the sole of a shoe fell off and had to be repaired (thank you again, azamara), and not having a spare pair, I wore the ill fitting white slippers to Prime C for dinner. Two pairs of shoes always get packed now. But, as they said in "Shawshank Redemption", no one looks at your feet. DW however does make an effort to pack a bit more elegantly than I do. The only time blue jeans made their way into our suitcases was an Alaska cruise where we knew we would be hiking. Old jeans are fine for the forests, not for the dining room.  Good note. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

Am I missing something here?

Looks like this is from a blog that's well over a year old. I suspect the author has never been on an Azamara ship, at least not one I've sailed on! 🙄

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, NC&KY said:

Looks like this is from a blog that's well over a year old. I suspect the author has never been on an Azamara ship, at least not one I've sailed on! 🙄

That was my thought.  Starting with "luxury cruise."

And then Men should make sure they pack at least one dinner jacket and/or a tuxedo, and women should bring something suitable for a formal evening.

I can't find anything like that on the website.

Edited by ECCruise

15 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

That was my thought.  Starting with "luxury cruise."

And then Men should make sure they pack at least one dinner jacket and/or a tuxedo, and women should bring something suitable for a formal evening.

I can't find anything like that on the website.

I searched against the word tuxedo on the website and it came up as a blog that was published on 3rd April 2020.  Dare I say a time when the core team were stood down and the marketeers who did not know the product were running the camp.  I agree the writer had probably never stepped on an Azamara cruise - maybe one of the high end luxury cruises but not Azamara.

Hopefully the new owners can remove misinformation like this blog post as they tidy up the millennials efforts on the previous website 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, uktog said:

I searched against the word tuxedo on the website and it came up as a blog that was published on 3rd April 2020.  Dare I say a time when the core team were stood down and the marketeers who did not know the product were running the camp.  I agree the writer had probably never stepped on an Azamara cruise - maybe one of the high end luxury cruises but not Azamara.

Hopefully the new owners can remove misinformation like this blog post as they tidy up the millennials efforts on the previous website 

I wonder if that is only on the UK site.  When I search "tuxedo" on the US site I get:

In keeping with our friendly yet sophisticated onboard environment, we encourage guests to follow a “resort casual” dress code.

Out of respect for others, bare feet, tank tops, baseball caps, bathing suits, shorts, and torn/distressed jeans are not allowed in the dining room or specialty restaurants. When dining at Windows Café, guests must wear footwear and a cover-up or shirt.

Formal evening wear is not expected nor required in our restaurants. If you prefer to dress more formally, you are welcome to do so. Please note that tuxedo rentals are not available onboard.

• Like 2

The blog post quoted in post #1 here is not on the Azamara US website.  I found it by searching 'suitcase' on the UK site, but that search produces no relevant results on the US side.

• Like 1