Mail

dpenezic

6 minutes ago, ldubs said:

Everyone should go paperless.   

Respectfully, I disagree.  As my PBM's computer voice says when I am asked if I want to go to that option, "Paperless is not for everyone."  

3 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

Respectfully, I disagree.  As my PBM's computer voice says when I am asked if I want to go to that option, "Paperless is not for everyone."  

No, I suppose it isn't.  And it is said "different strokes for different folks" or even that "a wise man makes his own decisions!"   😄

Ok, enough with the old sayings.  Just remember it is easy to print anything that absolutely needs to be in hard copy.  

On 5/15/2021 at 7:02 PM, SelectSys said:

It wasn't of course for me!  I had no idea this was available.  Thanks for posting.  For others that weren't aware either here is a link to the FAQ:

https://faq.usps.com/s/article/Informed-Delivery-The-Basics

I also learned about Informed Delivery from cruise critic! Though there's been lots of needling chatter this past year, it's nice to see the good fruits of these forums. 

I've been using Informed Delivery for years, I wouldn't rely on it completely. There's usually one piece of mail that'll be unable to show.  It's usually junk mail, but it could be something important, like a jury duty failure to appear warrant 😎

Best to have a trusted house checker take a glance for important looking mail. 

4 hours ago, ldubs said:

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if stopping mail deliver permanently is even a possibility?  If I live at an address, am I required to accept mail?  

I think the post office is legally required to attempt to deliver it. Hence the "last mile" delivery service the USPS offers to Amzn, FedEx, UPS, etal. 

What you do with the mail after its delivered is up to you. 

Unless the USPS is abolished, the govmint will still continue to use it and send you pesky things like your property tax bill, auto registration, IRS audit notices, etc.

Edited by Philob

5 hours ago, Philob said:

I think the post office is legally required to attempt to deliver it. Hence the "last mile" delivery service the USPS offers to Amzn, FedEx, UPS, etal. 

What you do with the mail after its delivered is up to you. 

Unless the USPS is abolished, the govmint will still continue to use it and send you pesky things like your property tax bill, auto registration, IRS audit notices, etc.

I didn't think about the DMV.  The new tags do come in the mail.  Guess I'll have to keep my mailbox after all.  🙂

• 1 month later...