VIRTUOSA YC Deluxe Suite location

Savblanc1

Hi

We are new to MSC having cruised a lot with RCI and have just booked a Yacht Club Deluxe Suite.  Have absolutely no idea on what is a good location for these cabins, there are a lot to choose from.....can anybody recommend a good location?  Is it good to have the cabins right at the front of the ship? They look to have bigger balconies or is it really windy.  Many thanks 

My personal preference is for deck 16.  I would tend to avoid deck 18 due to the YC sun deck above and I'm a light and late sleeper.  There's nothing terribly wrong with decks 14 and 15 other than you are further from the concierge, Top Sail lounge and YC restaurant.  Deck 14 does have a bit of crew traffic.  The forward facing Deluxe on 15 have a lower half balcony rail that is solid metal and the upper half is mostly glass.  It's not really windy but there is significant wind noise when the ship is underway.  The railing is angled so the actual usable space is less than you might think, there are several pictures floating around here.  On this ship I personally would prefer the side facing with glass bottom half and open top half, there's plenty of other areas to get a forward view in the YC.  

Certain side facing Deluxe cabins have a small pole at the balcony rail.  If you're really picky there's a review thread mentioning this, or you can look at side views of Bellissima or Virtuosa to figure out which they are.

41 minutes ago, Até said:

The forward facing Deluxe on 15 have a lower half balcony rail that is solid metal and the upper half is mostly glass.  It's not really windy but there is significant wind noise when the ship is underway.  The railing is angled so the actual usable space is less than you might think, there are several pictures floating around here. 

On Virtuosa the forward facing balconies on 15 are all glass fronted. Looks so much better than Meraviglia. Looking forward to trying one out in July.

Edited by irs101

1 hour ago, irs101 said:

On Virtuosa the forward facing balconies on 15 are all glass fronted.

Yes, I forgot they made that change.  Ships after Meraviglia have that full height glass wall for forward on deck 15.  I do think it will create more balcony space and a more open feeling.  Please post some pictures and your thoughts about the cabin.

Edited by Até

We are in a fwd cabin on 15th deck at the moment and the balcony is great even with the U.K. weather. Excellent view and also as its open at the top you get some air too. Ask away if you’ve got anymore questions

Edited by Kat747

Guest BigRoger
57 minutes ago, Kat747 said:

We are in a fwd cabin on 15th deck at the moment and the balcony is great even with the U.K. weather. Excellent view and also as its open at the top you get some air too. Ask away if you’ve got anymore questions

Hi we are in YC in July… can I ask you what time the YC dining room closed for lunch on boarding day please? (We’ve even allocated 12.40pm for ‘boarding’)….😷👎😥

Hi. The YC dining room closed at 1345 for boarding day lunch. We were 1500 boarding so missed it completely. The MDR is available until later but we just started on the champagne instead 🥂

3 hours ago, Kat747 said:

Hi Kat, 

We’re booked in Cabin 15003 in October - would you mind posting a pic when you have chance? Can’t wait to see it! 
Also did you upgrade to Premium Plus drinks? I’ve been calling MSC to try and upgrade to P+ from our YC included package and keep being told it’s not possible unless we pay for a new P+ package in full (£950 on our sailing)  They said it may be possible to do once on the ship but couldn’t tell me anymore? Any advice would be gratefully received! 
Hope you’re having a fabulous time! 

I’ll take a pic for you later when we get back to the cabin. We didn’t upgrade the drinks package and I wouldn’t bother unless you want the real high end spirits etc. The drinks included really are enough for us. We had so much champagne in the afternoon and then moved onto an excellent Chardonnay with dinner and then onto Grey Goose in the evening. The weather is windy but we actually have the sun out now. It’s such a lovely ship and does seem so quiet with such few people but we are having a lovely time

• Like 1

That would be fantastic - thank you!

Sounds like you had a great day yesterday!! 🥂🥂 fingers crossed the sun stays out for you for a while - enjoy! 😎

We’re celebrating a big birthday whilst onboard so fancied some Veuve in the Champagne bar hence why we were looking to upgrade to P+
if you hear of anyone who has managed it I’d love to know who we need to speak to 😊 Thanks again! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kat747 said:

There was def someone next to us at dinner yesterday that had upgraded because she asked for a better champagne than the offered one and this was brought to her by the glass

I’ll keep persevering then!! 😅 Thanks!

Mama. I just asked at the Concierge Desk for you about upgrading the drinks package. The lady said it is strict MSC policy that they can’t upgrade the package even onboard. You have to completely buy the new package which she said was £55 per person per day. Hope that helps

55 minutes ago, MamaDG said:

That would be fantastic - thank you!

Sounds like you had a great day yesterday!! 🥂🥂 fingers crossed the sun stays out for you for a while - enjoy! 😎

We’re celebrating a big birthday whilst onboard so fancied some Veuve in the Champagne bar hence why we were looking to upgrade to P+
if you hear of anyone who has managed it I’d love to know who we need to speak to 😊 Thanks again! 

In YC, the Head Butler is the one to speak to. If you can't identify who it is, ask the concierge to locate them.

Edit

Just seen Kat response, which is extremely surprising to me. We are aware of folks on previous YC cruises who upgraded at  $17pppd, in the Caribbean. If all else fails ask for the YC Director.

Edited by hamrag

5 minutes ago, Kat747 said:

Mama. I just asked at the Concierge Desk for you about upgrading the drinks package. The lady said it is strict MSC policy that they can’t upgrade the package even onboard. You have to completely buy the new package which she said was £55 per person per day. Hope that helps

Hi Kat,

Thanks so much for going to the trouble of asking for me - very much appreciated! Seems crazy that anyone else onboard can upgrade their package but not if you’ve paid extra for YC! Guess we have to weigh up how much Veuve Cliquot we can drink in a day!! Haha 🤣

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hamrag said:

In YC, the Head Butler is the one to speak to. If you can't identify who it is, ask the concierge to locate them.

Thanks Hamrag - seems it’s not an option - worth asking though! Appreciate the advice 😊

Guest BigRoger
1 hour ago, Kat747 said:

Hope photos ok. Gives you an idea. The cabins and balconies on the front are amazing

All looks fantastic.

Very many thanks for posting all your responses and photos…. Are there many in the YC for this first reduced occupancy sailing?

I suspect we may will take your ‘guidance’ and just accept the loss of lunch on boarding day and focus on enjoying liquid benefits of the YC!

(With the complimentary bottle provided for the mini bar - do they restock the mixers/ soft drinks each day free of charge?)

I’m not sure how many are actually in the YC but we’ve certainly seen most of if not all of the cabins near us are occupied. It doesn’t seem busy at all though and there is no wait for anything at all. Top Sail seemed busy yesterday for sail away but today there’s only been about 10 others in there at the times we’ve gone and the crew are so attentive. The soft drinks in the minibar and water and coffee are replaced by the butler everyday free of charge and they ask if you have any preferences. Walking around the ship it does feel a bit like a ghost town but it’s great to be able to experience everything without massive crowds. We’ve even squeezed in a swim and a hot tub up on the YC top deck and it was like our own private area as it was just us there. Bit windy but very enjoyable