Great news on the Alaskan cruise front - House passes Alaska Tourism Restoration Act

DCGuy64

2 minutes ago, CaptainWoody said:

Have you been reading the threads?  Many of us have booked Bliss this Fall.  Why do you think it's a glitch?

Actually, I haven’t been reading the threads much, no. The other thread on this topic (on NCL board) still sounds like people aren’t sure, and one post in this thread mentions a canceled sailing and something about “Hope that gives you a better idea of when NCL might be starting back up”. Also saw some conversation about staffing issues. 

Only a few posts back people are debating whether the bill even passed. 🙂

I’m pretty out of the loop, for sanity’s sake, but I checked NCL on a whim, and then also noticed I can easily swing the (looong) flight on points alone, first class, due to using my dumb Amex delta card for the whole pandemic.

4 minutes ago, AdoraBelle said:

Actually, I haven’t been reading the threads much, no. The other thread on this topic (on NCL board) still sounds like people aren’t sure, and one post in this thread mentions a canceled sailing and something about “Hope that gives you a better idea of when NCL might be starting back up”. Also saw some conversation about staffing issues. 

Only a few posts back people are debating whether the bill even passed. 🙂

I’m pretty out of the loop, for sanity’s sake, but I checked NCL on a whim, and then also noticed I can easily swing the (looong) flight on points alone, first class, due to using my dumb Amex delta card for the whole pandemic.

Anybody debating whether the bill passed both houses is either a) way behind or b) trying to stir up crap (could be both).  The bill passed.  Many of us have booked and are looking forward to this fall.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, chefchick said:

Well, I’m booked and confirmed for September....wether we actually SAIL is of course, anyone’s guess.

But, damn if I’m not hopeful. 🤞

I am confident now that we won't be canceled due to COVID, but after seeing RCCL pull their cruises that were homeported in Bermuda for the greener pastures of a US homeport, I am concerned NCL will do the same with their Jamaica and DR sailings. I am pretty confident the Alaska sailings will happen.

Edited by JamieLogical

3 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

I am concerned NCL will do the same with their Jamaica and DR sailings

You're not the only one who's concerned re: Ncl pulling the cruises from DR and Jam. however, there are a number of things to consider. 

1 NCL has invested quite a lot into these cruises and not just money, but thoughtfulness as well.  I'm confident that the NCL cruises will sail from these ports.  RCCL was using an old ship and not offering any kind of break for airfare, unless I missed.  

I think NCL has this in the bag.  Hope so for everyone's sake who has a cruise booked. 

Good luck. 

On 5/21/2021 at 12:31 AM, J_Bronco34 said:

Question: If the Bliss is not going to be stopping in Victoria at the end of its itinerary, will they just return to Seattle a day earlier or add another Alaskan port of call?? 

We're booked on the Bliss. We got an email that our itinerary changed with Victoria and Skagway being dropped and Icy Strait Point and another Sea Day added. I did rebook to take advantage of the 30 % off sale and saved $667.20 and will get 3 Latitudes points for each night. 

Edited by drcarp4
  • Like 1